Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That would be so kool then the computers would be gone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... RIM Desktop Software forum

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43

Advertisement

That would be so kool then the computers would be gone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    If you are referring to installing OS4.5 via the SDCard yes this is IMPOSSIBLE. The OS needs to be upgraded via DM...As of now this is the only way.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Okay, this is the weird Twlight Zone situation... every now and again I try to see if for some strange reason my USB port would start working. Well I plugged it into my wallcharger and it started charging!!! I left it in for about 45 minutes, still charging!!!

Okay so I take it off the charger, run to the computer, put it in... reads the charge!!!... for about 3 seconds. I tried another USB cord, didn't read it at all. Tried the first one, didn't read it. Went to go plug it back into the wall charger and it didn't read it. But it read it 2 minutes ago?

So what gives? Is there something wrong with my USB port or with the software or OS? If it's not the USB port itself, could this be fixed?

I WANT MY 4.5!

Stupid T-MO want's to give me refurbished? Yeah right!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Justin,

I've been following this casually so it this is a repeat of someone forgive me.

Have you tried plugging the phone into a home charger and, while watching the display where the charge indicator is, carefully putting pressure on the plug down for a few seconds, then up for a few, then back, etc. to see if the connection is made at one of those points and not another. My pearl used to do that before it stopped charging altogether from the home charger. The weird thing for me was (and is) that it would still connect and charge from a USB cable on the p-c.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    n/a
    I've tried that when the indicator isn't charging. The thing is every time I connect to the wall charger the charge indicator goes on, and I go run to my computer t install teh OS and it won't read.

Today I just tried it and decided to leave it plugged in. Almost charged the whole battery, ran to the computer, detected it for a second, and that was it. Everytime I plug it into the computer my wall charger won't charge it anymore. It's like I have to wait until this little voice inside my head says "Try again."

I really think it's something to do with my computer but can't really confirm it. The only time I've tried toggling the charger is when it won't charge. So you're suggesting toggling it when it is charging?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Justin,

I've been following this casually so it this is a repeat of someone forgive me.

Have you tried plugging the phone into a home charger and, while watching the display where the charge indicator is, carefully putting pressure on the plug down for a few seconds, then up for a few, then back, etc. to see if the connection is made at one of those points and not another. My pearl used to do that before it stopped charging altogether from the home charger. The weird thing for me was (and is) that it would still connect and charge from a USB cable on the p-c.
    Okay, so I plugged it in today, its charging again. Toggled the charger up, down, left, right, and don't know what I'm looking for, but it didn't look like anything happened. Still charging fine, but I guarantee if I go plug it into the computer it won't work and if I try charging it again, it won't read the charge. I have no idea what's going on, but atleast I don't think the USB port is damaged.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Okay, so I plugged it in today, its charging again. Toggled the charger up, down, left, right, and don't know what I'm looking for, but it didn't look like anything happened. Still charging fine, but I guarantee if I go plug it into the computer it won't work and if I try charging it again, it won't read the charge. I have no idea what's going on, but atleast I don't think the USB port is damaged.
    Justyn,
    I know how frustrating this can be for you but you've got to try to eliminate things one at a time. Example: plug into your home charger - make a note whether it works or not. Plug into a DIFFERENT home charger - make a note. If you have a car charger, try that. Plug into your P-C - does it charge? does it connect to the DM? make a note. Try another P-C with the same test and note.

The point is, something's not right and you're the best one to determine whether it's charger, P-C, handset, USB port. If it keeps being intermittent I'm going to suggest that it's the phone somehow. If you have no warrenty you'll have to try to find a repair service. Does any of that help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12