Can anyone help with this: When my Pearl 8110 is not connected I set the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

wirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2530ADA5

Question Home screen picture resets on synchronization

Advertisement

Can anyone help with this:

When my Pearl 8110 is not connected I set the home screen image to be a picture from my SD card.

But whenever I synchronize with Desktop Manager it resets to the default Zen image (the road one), and you can't access your own pictures when it's connected.

New 8110 yesterday (trackball broke on old one, but the problem only started on this new one), Desktop manager 4.3.0.17

Thanks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Home screen picture resets on synchronization

Mine does the same thing, but as soon as I disconnect it from the PC it usually reverts to the previously chosen background. Occasionally it doesn't though, not sure why.

I do believe that the reason it changes in the first place is because when you hook the BB to the PC and enable Mass Storage mode, the bb can no longer access the files on the media card. They are only available to the PC, untill you disconnect from the PC.

If you are not adding anything to your media card when you hook to your pc, try 'not' enabling mass storage mode and see if that helps.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Home screen picture resets on synchronization

yes ^^ that's why you can't see it. try to access anything on your media card while plugged in to usb and you can't ...

wirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2530ADA5
    Thanks everyone.

I guess that explains why it didn't reset when I used one of the default pictures (the jungle walkway)

twills no está en línea Stack level 1
    the system looks in the device memory for a home screen image otherwise it will set the preloaded theme home screen image. Simply copy the pic on the SD card to the device memory then set it as the home screen picture. Now it won't change after sync'ing.