I decided to load themes on my 7250. Ever since then applications haven't worked correctly. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

uneek78 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help reloading blackberry calendar & calculator

Advertisement

I decided to load themes on my 7250. Ever since then applications haven't worked correctly. So I put the default theme back on. My calculator has one calculator overlaping another and my scroll no longer scrolls in the calendar. I want to know how I can reload these specific apps on my handheld, preferably without losing the info on my blackberry.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Lightbulb Re: Help reloading blackberry calendar & calculator

Welcome to pinstack.com!

Reinstallation of OS.

1. Download the version of OS from your Carrier you want to install from your carrier's website (use the OS that came with your CD Should be already installed on your PC).
    2. Extract or install the files from the previous step. They will automatically install into the correct location. This location will be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files. Under this directory you will see directories with the model number of your device (if you installed the correct files) followed by a version number. Under these directories will be a host of .alx and .cod files. Do not modify or delete these files. They are needed to install the new OS.
    3. Assume the BlackBerry Handheld Manager is installed, when you plug your device in, a popup will appear and ask if you want to upgrade your device. Choose upgrade and follow the steps given by the Application Loader. If you have any 3rd party applications you would like to keep, locate and select them at this time to avoid having to reload them after the new OS is installed.
    4. This will also be the time the apploader will ask if you want to erase all data and reload or backup and restore the data on your device. Choose your preference and continue.
    5. Typically a complete OS reload with backup and restore can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the amount of data on your device to restore.
    6. The apploader will inform you when the process is complete. After this, the device will automatically reset itself (sometime this will take longer than a normal reboot) and once completed and on, your device will be upgraded and ready to go.

also see this thread:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=688

Re: Help reloading blackberry calendar & calculator

This is some very good information. I appreciate it! I am curious though, is it possible just to reinstall specific applications on the blackberry?

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!! It so worked. I'm completely appreciative!!!

PIN/ID
    ask

Good question. yes. But unfortunately not the Calendar and Cal. This are embedded in the core install of the Java OS

Also see:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=512

PIN/ID
    ask

great stuff!