When downloading JAD files OTA I am getting the popup errors message: "There was an ... RIM Desktop Software forum

philc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201A1C12

Question Help: Debug Install Errors

Advertisement

When downloading JAD files OTA I am getting the popup errors message:

"There was an error installing the MIDlet."

I assume this is a problem with my device configuration as it has come up with files from more than one vendor. Do note however some files have been successfully installed.

What I'm wondering is how I can go about debugging this to find out more detail on the problem? I'm hoping it is a security problem or missing framework?

NOTE: I am running OS 3.7.1 however these applets like berry411 do not exactly say you must be running OS X.XX....

Thanks,
    Phil

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help: Debug Install Errors

what programs are you running into the problem with? It may well have to do with you being on OS 3.7.1 and many things are for OS 4.1 now.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

philc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201A1C12

Re: Help: Debug Install Errors

Specifically berry411 and Google Maps. I just want to get a mapping application onto my BB. I kind of figured the consensus would be upgrade the OS so it looks like I'm going to have to do that on the weekend. :-)

I was just hoping there was an error log or lower level event log that I could find out more about the error and possibly resolve.