here and have some questions, so go easy on me I have been reading about ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mormat no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello to all, as you can see I am a newbie

Advertisement

here and have some questions, so go easy on me I have been reading about transferring files via Desktop Mgr 4.2. I was trying to get the software but I am not crazy about giving them all the info they want for me to be able to download. Is there somewhere to download DM 4.2 with out all the info being required? As I said I am new to this and just starting out with a BB7100g and would like to get my tones I have made. I do not have a BB media plan at this time, just trying to make sure I like the phone before I commit to a plan.

Thanks in advance

MM

eclazz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just tryin to find new buddies that's all

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Hello to all, as you can see I am a newbie

mormat, Welcome to PinStack.

First, with your 7100, you won't be able to use the Media Manager feature of Desktop Manager 4.2. It only works with the Devices that use the 4.2 OS, currently limited to the Pearl. Secondly, I don't know of anyother place to get the Desktop manager legally.

Without the Blackberry Data Plan, you will be limited to just using it as a Phone and PIM. There is a method of getting the tones on your BB with out a data plan, but you will probably have to enter the same information with RIM to download the necessary Applications to your PC anyway.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mormat, Welcome to PinStack.

First, with your 7100, you won't be able to use the Media Manager feature of Desktop Manager 4.2. It only works with the Devices that use the 4.2 OS, currently limited to the Pearl. Secondly, I don't know of anyother place to get the Desktop manager legally.

Without the Blackberry Data Plan, you will be limited to just using it as a Phone and PIM. There is a method of getting the tones on your BB with out a data plan, but you will probably have to enter the same information with RIM to download the necessary Applications to your PC anyway.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Thanks Rcbjr, what s/w should I look for to possibly put ringtones on my phone? Thanks for your help

MM

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Is there somewhere to download DM 4.2 with out all the info being required?
    Just put in anything.

As for ringers without a data plan... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ones+data+plan

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Just put in anything.

As for ringers without a data plan...
    Sorry for all the questions, but I thought I read where 4.2 wont work with a 7100g? I have read where using JDE 4.2 (I think that is right) you could download to your BB. Im just trying to find the correct s/w for the 7100g

Thanks for all the replies

MM

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check the thread linked in cp's post. That is about using two simulators to download ringtones and images without a data plan.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Just put in anything.

As for ringers without a data plan...
    do I have to go through all the steps to get connected to the internet via the simulator? I mean, do I have to do the back up and all the other steps before I can access the net via the browser? all I get is the continuous "requesting" in the browser and it does not ever connect no matter what site I put in to "Go To". Ok, I just let it set there and it came back "Unable to connect, try again later" man I am lost on this LOL also when I go to folder where I have simulator and click on 7100g a command prompt screen comes up with the hyphen flashing and at the top of the dos screen it says "C;windows\system32\cmd.exe"

Thanks

MM

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you download and install the MDS simulator also? It has to be running in the background and you have to have an active Internet Connection on your PC for the simulator to access any internet site. That's really all I know about that process. Sorry.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Did you download and install the MDS simulator also? It has to be running in the background and you have to have an active Internet Connection on your PC for the simulator to access any internet site. That's really all I know about that process. Sorry.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Thanks, yes I have downloaded 4.0.0215 simpackage.flex (which I think is the correct one for the 7100g) and BlackBerry_JDE_4.2.0, I go into folder where I unzipped the simpackage and click on the 7100g bat. file and the simulator that looks like the 7100g comes up and I go to browser and type in a url and it goes to "requesting" and then says cant connect, check later. I appreciate your help Rcbjr, but this is just driving me nuts LOL. I know I am doing something wrong or not in the right order but I just cant seem to find the right way of getting it done. I will not give up the fight tho LOL, I will just keep playing around and see if I can make it work. Oh yea, I am on dsl (bellsouth) so I dont know if that would make a difference or not

Thanks again for taking time to help, I really appreciate it

MM

dfairlite no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey guys, im fairly new to the bb scene, however i would like to make my own themes for my pearl. it says i need to download JDE 4.2, and the new cdk. i have found both those. my biggest problem is im running on kind of a splotchy wireless network and JDE doesnt support resume downloading so i get a few megs downloaded and i lose the download everytime. any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dfairlite, Welcome to PinStack.

All I can say is find a better wireless spot to download from. You will also need the Sun Java SDK so you better be ready for downloading a lot of MEGs.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer