Hi folks, I know better that's the last time I make modifications in an insomniaic ... RIM Desktop Software forum

epet no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Heh, OOPS! I accidently deinstalled my BB Browser...

Advertisement

Hi folks,

I know better that's the last time I make modifications in an insomniaic stupidor; While using the Application Loader to deinstalled some language files I know I wont use I accidentally deinstalled the BB Help on my new BB 8100. Now i have no browser, the Help icon reads "Error starting net_rim_bb_help: Module 'net_rim_ecmascript' not found."

I pretty sure I know how to fix I just need to find the replacement file. Any help would be much appreciated!

-e

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Heh, OOPS! I accidently deinstalled my BB Browser...

in apploader, did you check the box to install the browser (or check to see if it is checked)?

if so, then go to options<advanced<host routing table. then bring up the menu and hit register now.

In the apploader the "browser" selection is greyed out and the following modules "net.rim.blackberry.xml" and net.rim.platform.ecmascript" are listed as "Unavailable application[s]".

I'm currently using the BB Desktop Manager Version 4.2.0.14 (it was on the discc that came with the phone) and it's Application Loader wizard doesn't appear to have the options<advanced<host routing table...I've clicked around and haven't found anything comparable to what your suggestion.

Thanks for the attempt though! Any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

This is a module in the handheld software. You just need to reinstall the current version. Here are two threads, one to find the download file and one to help install it

BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table is on your BB. You will need to do the Register Now after you complete the install

Rcbjr

Thumbs up Re: Heh, OOPS! I accidently deinstalled my BB Browser...

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    And the Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table is on your BB. You will need to do the Register Now after you complete the install

Rcbjr
    Rcbjr you are da' bomb, da' sh*t and da' man rolled into one technically savvy human being! Maybe even a Superhuman human being...but I digress; Everything worked out just fine and now I'm rollin', thank you so much for your help!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

He is wise man with great wiisdom..If he cant answer something then someone else will always stop by and give you a possible solution to your question
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

I've been browsin' as I was fixin' you guys really do know your stuff! I'll definitly be back for the collective wisdom of the BB Collective...hopefully it isn't to fix one of my dumb problems. Stupid user error...tsk.

muni23 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem as the user above. I went through the same steps, but I still am unable to access by internet browser. It is still greyed out. There are no browsers listed under the default browser configurations. I think my data coverage is unavailable.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by muni23
    I had the same problem as the user above. I went through the same steps, but I still am unable to access by internet browser. It is still greyed out. There are no browsers listed under the default browser configurations. I think my data coverage is unavailable.
    did you register on the host routing table? options, advanced options, HRT, menu, register now. This gets you reset on BB side of things.

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

sounds great i've also heard to pull your baterry after going to the routing table pull batterry while its on the hold down the power off button for 30 seconds after some sort of reset hope that works