Hey there! I just got my BB Pearl 8130 the other day from the Verizon ... RIM Desktop Software forum

chrisil2312 no está en línea Stack level 1

Having trouble accessing mobile.msn.com

Advertisement

Hey there! I just got my BB Pearl 8130 the other day from the Verizon store. I have been ok with the service and options that are out there, but I am having difficulty logging in and sending email through my msn/hotmail account.

I know that RIM/Blackberry doesn't support the method of getting email. Microsoft change the configuartion sometime last year. I relented to getting a new device. I had a Moto Q for the last 2 years. I was on my 7th device and 4 extended batterys. I had Pocket MSN that allowed me to use in a window for email.

The method I was going to use was mobile.msn.com and log into the site and use the web version. It really stinks, when it works.

Anyone got any suggestions?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you have free Hotmail, consider upgrading, it would be worth it. I have my @msn.com address working through BIS, it works pretty well, although there does often times seem to be a 10-15 minute lag between it arriving in my inbox on my PC and it getting "pushed" to my Pearl. My @ blackberry, @yahoo, and @pinstack(which is a Gmail account) emails are all pretty much instantly pushed.

Or switch to Gmail or Yahoo as those work wothout hassle, and are free, but it would mean notifying everyong of your new email address which is a pain.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

chrisil2312 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks azstar.... It is actually a Office Live Account you access through the hotmail url. You just type your user@usersdomain.com in the user name field. This is the same field you type in your user@msn.com.

The verizon folks were working on this problem for many hours and got frustrated and called RIM after 14 hrs. There was something where they don't know the incoming/outgoing server names in the HTTP. RIM claimed they don't support MSN, Hotmail or Office Live Accounts. They only support Exchange, Pop, and IMAP.

I switched emails last year after having the same email for 8 years. I do have a gmail account also and like the access you get on it from blackberry.

If you have the HTTP for msn... that would be great to get.

Thanks
    Chris

jesseyabraham no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hotmail works now! If you already have it set up on your blackberry, just delete it from email settings and then create it again. I believe they (Verizon/RIM) must have fixed something. And you don't need to upgrade your OS to 4.5 to do it!