Hi folks, thanks in advance for any help. I have loaded Google Maps (1.5.2) on ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Bob905 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E0CD76

Google Maps on Pearl

Advertisement

Hi folks, thanks in advance for any help. I have loaded Google Maps (1.5.2) on my Pearl with OS revision 4.2.0.64 (T-Mobile). I'm using a Holux GPSlim 240 bluetooth-connected GPS receiver. Google Maps syncs up fine with the Holux over bluetooth, computes routes, tracks progress, etc., but intermittently quits with a system message that the app is not responding and the process is terminated. I can't correlate the error message to anything else happening on the Pearl. It happens with/without my bluetooth headset connected, with/without the phone in operation. I'm scratching my head over this. Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks...

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Google Maps on Pearl

I have to be honest here, I don't use a Bluetooth GPS.

However, I've heard that some of the newer OS revisions helped the bluetooth connectivity. From what I can tell, you're using the newest T-MO OS, but perhaps you might want to try the latest one available which I believe is the AT&T version at present.

Making sure I understand you correctly, you're saying that Google Maps is quitting with the error? It really sounds like some sort of software glitch and could very well be a problem with the Google Maps software.

Also, many people have found that third party applications can cause intermittent issues. Do you have any other applications loaded that may be conflicting with Google Maps?

Not much help, but perhaps something to go on...

Bob905 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E0CD76

Thanks, mjwood0 - I have since had a couple of similar aborts in the IM app and a 3rd party app, so I might try an OS reload (if it becomes intolerable!)

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

just to reiterate what mjwood0 said, the newer OS' will help with many errors you have received using that 0.64 OS from TMO. i too am with TMO and am using the current ATT 1.96 and it's way more stable.