I'm using DM4.3.0.15 to sync with MS Outlook 2002 SP3 running on XP SP2 I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

matt_isl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Function OpenMsgStore failed

Advertisement

I'm using DM4.3.0.15 to sync with MS Outlook 2002 SP3 running on XP SP2

I can set up the sync for Calendar, Address Book, and Tasks, and these work fine, but when I hit [Finish] after setting up the MemoPad sync I get the following error: Function OpenMsgStore failed

Resetting the configuration doesn't work.

Has anyone any ideas?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Sorry you are having trouble matt. Along with resetting the configuration you are going to need to create a new mapi profile through the Mail icon in the Windows control panel. Here is the link from RIM on this issue with 4.2. 4.3 will be the same. And here is a link from Microsoft on how to create a new mapi profile for outlook 2003. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks.

johnjax no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having exactly the same problem with BB Desktop Manager ver 4.3. I can set up Calendar and Address Book to sync with Outlook, but when I try to set up Memo Pad to Sync with the BB MemoPad, I put all the settings into the Desktop Manager dialogs, and then when I try to finish, I get the error: "Function OpenMsgStroe failed". I've reset DM and set up a new mail account in Outlook, deleted the old one, saved it, and still can't get DM to work. Any other ideas?

venkat2r no está en línea Stack level 1

Function OpenMsgStore failed

Hi,

I use a BB Curve with Desktop Manager - 4.6

I have a challenge of Memopad Sync and get this Function OpenMsg Store failed error.

Have tried - reset configuration - create new mapi & even uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager - nothing has worked. Can i get some help please.

Cheers

cokecl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up You need a profile without "Exchange Cached Mode" active.

Quote Originally Posted by venkat2r View Post
    Hi,

I use a BB Curve with Desktop Manager - 4.6

I have a challenge of Memopad Sync and get this Function OpenMsg Store failed error.

Have tried - reset configuration - create new mapi & even uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager - nothing has worked. Can i get some help please.

Cheers
    Maybe you can to create a new MAPI profile on Outlook without "Use Cached Exchange Mode" checkbox selected. Look at KB14647 on BB.com

Cheers!
    JM./

barsongs no está en línea Stack level 1
    OY! I am also having the same problem with Outlook 2003 and Blackberry DM Manager 4.3. I get the same outlook connector error "Function OpenMsgStore failed" when trying to configure MemoPad. Calendar, Address Book and Tasks all configure just fine. I have tried all of the above suggestions to no avail. I didn't try the suggestion above about deselecting the Used Cached Exchange Mode" because I don't use Exchange and the suggestion sisn't make sense to me. Any ideas? Thank you!
    Last edited by barsongs; 11-12-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: more info