Okay this is my first post so bear with me. I have a BB8703 and ... RIM Desktop Software forum

hunt1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Forwarding deleted mail

Advertisement

Okay this is my first post so bear with me. I have a BB8703 and I have a desktop running XP with Microsoft Outlook 2007. I am also running Desktop Redirector V. 3.6.0.59 and Desktop Manager V.4.2.2.14.

Here's the issue. I've setup rules in Outlook to move incoming email to the Deleted Folders, however the Redirector is still forwarding the deleted emails to the BB. This is new to me since the older desktop I had was not doing that under a lower version of Outlook, Redirector and Manager. I don't want the deleted emails getting to the BB.

I am not running any Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft mail server, just the Desktop Redirector. I've checked settings and all looks good.

Any ideas?
    Thanking you ahead of time

semiar no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Forwarding deleted mail

Go into email settings in the desktop manager click the advanced tab and check your folder redirection options.

I checked that. It's checked "Inbox only"

feztuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B3F2B2

Hunt1 - I believe Email Rules are going to affect messages only after they come into your inbox. That's why redirector is still catching them. A possible fix would be to duplicate your rules in a Redirector filter.

feztuz, thanks, I basically have done that now and I'm filtering most of the emails I don't want sent to the BB. As an fyi, the issue was not happening on a lower version of Outlook and Desktop Redirector, so while I agree with what you say I also feel it is a "bug" in the newer version. That or the speed of the redirector is quicker and picking up the emails before they get assigned to the deleted folders. Either way I've got the workaround. Thanks again.