Please somebody help me so that I don't have to reinstall Desktop Manager! I have ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Colliz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Forgot to check multiple users box on install

Advertisement

Please somebody help me so that I don't have to reinstall Desktop Manager!

I have spent the last three weeks trying to get Desktop Manager to run on my Vista pc, and have finally succeeded. The problem is, I've realised that during the install I checked the 'allow only me' instead of 'allow any user' option. I am using the pc logged in locally at home, but dock it and log into my network at work. When I log onto the network I can't see Desktop Manager because the system sees me as another user.

I am sure that there is a box within properties that I can do something on, but haven't a clue which one. Can anyone help please? I don't think I could handle the stress of doing an uninstall/reinstall......

Cheers

Liz

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Forgot to check multiple users box on install

with your network user go to start -> run:
    Type inn:
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\DesktopMgr.exe
    And press OK

See if it starts.

That is if C is your windows partition, if its D change it to D

Also if you go to: settings -> controll panel, add / remove software, browse to Desktop manager, click it and click the change / remove button.

A wizard show up which allows you to run a modify istallation
    Last edited by Sci-Tek; 02-04-2008 at 07:56 AM.

Colliz no está en línea Stack level 1

As I'm using Vista, nothing is where it should be. However, after a few attempts I've located them. When I use the replacement for the 'run' prompt, the same happens as did before I installed desktop manager for the sixth time (namely, it opens for a millisecond and then closes again). I have gone to control panel and tried to modify the installation, but it doesn't get to the bit where you ask who is going to use it.

Help?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

no I'm sorry Vista is a rerun of Windows ME, just can't stand it. You are at the correct place if you where able to modify the installation. It should be the relevant list of Vista that you had in add / remove programs at windows xp.

At the same place where you are able to select modify installation you can try doing a repair installation. But keep in mind that you might experience the issues which you had before you got it to work, even with your other user.