I have a new 8703e with Sprint. Device works great, but I'm having huge problems ... RIM Desktop Software forum

kenright no está en línea Stack level 1

Exporting data from BB to Outlook - need help

Advertisement

I have a new 8703e with Sprint. Device works great, but I'm having huge problems with my MS Outlook. Long story short, I have gotten all my data (contacts, calendar, tasks, etc) onto the BB via prior (sucessful) synch with Outlook. However, in the interim my Outlook has somehow "lost" all this data. Now I'm trying to export the data from the BB back into Outlook, but nothing seems to take. I run the Intellisynch manager s/w, change the "configure PIM" settings to reflect "export" operation (have also tried "synchronize" as well). The desktop mgr s/w (v. 4.1.1.9) begins synch/ export operation, but the data does not take in Outlook...

Any suggestions?

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Exporting data from BB to Outlook - need help

Quote Originally Posted by kenright
    I have a new 8703e with Sprint. Device works great, but I'm having huge problems with my MS Outlook. Long story short, I have gotten all my data (contacts, calendar, tasks, etc) onto the BB via prior (sucessful) synch with Outlook. However, in the interim my Outlook has somehow "lost" all this data. Now I'm trying to export the data from the BB back into Outlook, but nothing seems to take. I run the Intellisynch manager s/w, change the "configure PIM" settings to reflect "export" operation (have also tried "synchronize" as well). The desktop mgr s/w (v. 4.1.1.9) begins synch/ export operation, but the data does not take in Outlook...

Any suggestions?
    Ok first I'd suggest you make sure you have a backup of your device using desktop manager, in case anything else untoward happens and god forbid you lose all your data on the device as well.

Then I'd want to know if when you do the sync, does it error? Does it appear to sync ok but just nothing transfers? Does it ask you to confirm any changes?

You might want to make sure that desktop manager is definately set to sync with the same mapi profile you have set to open on outlook. It may prompt you when you startup, or you may have it set to automatically use x y or z profile. Goto Options > Profile Settings to check what profile you are using.

Make sure you are opening the same profile in outlook.

Also when you are configuring the sync options, and under the 'choose' button, make sure you are syncing with the right personal folder or mailbox (the bottom section of the window, under the translator list.
    Miles.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Exporting data from BB to Outlook - need help

Hi ken, welcome to pinstack. Are there any entries populating into outlook? Check your number of contacts, calender entries...

The information may have been put into a different category other than the default name, phone number, etc...

Let us know.