Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by jfreeman3 A thread on Blackberry Forums seems to have pinpointed this backup ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ataferner no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jfreeman3 View Post
    A thread on Blackberry Forums seems to have pinpointed this backup error issue as related to installation of Wall Street Journal mobile reader which appears to be viscious in messing up the back-up function of DTM. However on BES at Back up/Restore/Advanced I and otherscan see profiles/profiles and other databases ,but they are greyed-out and consequently 'read only'. I as well as others have tried disabling all wireless reconcile on all accounts, etc. Went back into Backup/restore/advanced and both profile/profiles and other databases are still read only... ie; cannot 'clear' them from the device."
    Does anyone know how to do this ?

Its really annoying that installing the WSJ has so messed things up.
    I don't have WSJ Reader installed. I used the transfer wizard to transfer my apps and settings from my curve to my bold. The only apps I have installed are Bloomberg, which is working fine and DataVault. The transfer wizard did not transfer DataVault over, I had to manually install an upgraded version.

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only way I was able to solve the Back-Up problem was by first uninstalling WSJ Reader (I used DTM to remove) and doing a full wipe of Data bases on the Blackberry (from Options>Security menu). I then had to re-activate BES and reinstall my third party apps (but not NOT WSJ).

Now Back-Up is working fine

lsmithssbn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    328EBE2E
    Just started having this problem about 2 days ago myself.

lsmithssbn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    328EBE2E

Smile

If you are still having problems with this. I did something similar to jfreeman. Delete WSJ but instead of wiping it clean I just restored with an earlier save. So you should not lose much at all. No more problems with my backup.
    Last edited by lsmithssbn; 11-12-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Add info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12