Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I've been trying to do a regular scheduled backup, and since I get this ... RIM Desktop Software forum

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Question Error backing up databases

Advertisement

So I've been trying to do a regular scheduled backup, and since I get this error message everytime, have tried doing an advanced backup by choosing 1 database at a time to add to a new backup file.

Address Book Options: Check
    Alarm Options: Check
    Browser Options: Check
    Address Book: Error
    Address Book - All: Error
    Application Permissions: Error
    Autotext: Error

And so on. No idea why suddenly I can't seem to back-up some of these databases, I haven't gone through and tried everyone, but the rate of failure for the first 10 or so is not good.

Anyone have any advice?

Running official Desktop Manager 4.5, backing up from a Blackberry 8310 running os 4.5.0.42. AT&T is my carrier.

PIN/ID
    20e17df5

Thumbs down

Hmm I was about to post about this and realized I already did. And its still happening with a fresh install of os v4.5.0.55.

No one has any idea what it could be?

ruhrohs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2429d80a
    I just ran in to this error today when trying to do a backup.

I'm on 4.5.0.55 with DM 4.5. I wonder if we have to use DM 4.6?

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ruhrohs View Post
    I just ran in to this error today when trying to do a backup.

I'm on 4.5.0.55 with DM 4.5. I wonder if we have to use DM 4.6?
    I just started having the same issue. (OS 4.5.0.52, 8320) I back up regularly, and never had this issue with DM 4.5 until I upgraded to 4.6. The first time I tried to back up using 4.6, I got the error. Then I downgraded to 4.5, and I'm still experiencing the problem. Can't seem to figure out what's going on, but if I do I'll be sure to post the solution here...

AZA

steverfla no está en línea Stack level 1

Any updates??

New Bold, Desktop 4.6. I'm experiencing the same thing.

Come on, Pinstackers!! Someone has to have a fix!

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    I have been told if you go into advanced on the DM backup screen and delete your profiles it wont hang up on the backup, but then you loose your profiles!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You would actually clear out whatever database the DM happened to be on at the time of the error. Some are easier to deal with than others.

If it's a larger DB like your Address Book, then you might not want to be so hasty in clearing it out! Could just be one entry in the Address Book horking things up, so a little more research would be in order in that case. Then again, if you're syncing with Outlook or another such client, then you can go ahead and clear it out and then reload with a sync.

So again, you'll clear out the database it is attempting to back up when it errors out. In my case, I was hanging up at the Browser Cache database and had to clear that out before being able to successfully back up all the way through.

Hope this helps.

Roger

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes tha unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfreeman3 View Post
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes tha unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks
    I answered your post in the other thread.

ataferner no está en línea Stack level 1
    RoGro, I searched for the thread you are referring to where you said you answered this. The only thread i can come up with is this one:

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f184/error_backing_up_database_s-90984

Where you said:

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    This is becoming a more and more of an issue and an e-mail has been sent to RIM by another Stacker (thanks Berryaddict!).

Next time you do a backup, go into the Advanced function. Once the list of DBs loads on the righthand side, scroll down to the Profiles database, highlight it and then press the Clear button. You're going to lose any modifications you've done to the Profiles, but there's obviously some corruption in there preventing it from successfully archiving, so a little pain is worth a lot of gain here!
    However, as the original poster said, "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes that "unavailable databases have been configured for wireless sync", thus "clear" isn't an option for profiles. If you have answered this elsewhere please let me know since I am also experiencing this issue with a new AT&T Bold.

Profiles is grayed out when the OP ws trying to restore, not in the backup process. Are you saying it's grayed out for you in the Backup>Advanced application?

Yes RoGro. In my case it's grayed out in the Backup>Advanced application.
    Last edited by jfreeman3; 11-06-2008 at 03:09 PM.

PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    Happened with my 8310 again when backing up before migrating to my Bold using DM 4.6. I just did an Advanced Backup, only thing stopping me was KeePass for Blackberry and everything else backed up fine.

ataferner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Profiles is grayed out when the OP ws trying to restore, not in the backup process. Are you saying it's grayed out for you in the Backup>Advanced application?
    Yes exactly, when backing up.

A thread on Blackberry Forums - http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1160810 - seems to have pinpointed this backup error issue as related to installation of Wall Street Journal mobile reader which appears to be viscious in messing up the back-up function of DTM. However on BES at Back up/Restore/Advanced I and otherscan see profiles/profiles and other databases ,but they are greyed-out and consequently 'read only'. I as well as others have tried disabling all wireless reconcile on all accounts, etc. Went back into Backup/restore/advanced and both profile/profiles and other databases are still read only... ie; cannot 'clear' them from the device."
    Does anyone know how to do this ?

Its really annoying that installing the WSJ has so messed things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast