Whereas I've completed several backups in the past without incident, upon attempting one using 4.5 ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

"Error Backing Up Database"

Advertisement

Whereas I've completed several backups in the past without incident, upon attempting one using 4.5 it got to "Profiles", and gave me "Error Backing Up Database".
    After several attempts, I deleted 4.5 and Media Sync, then downloaded 4.6 DM and got the same error message.
    Any help?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I have seen that before here in our shop. Not sure of the cause but the only solution I have found is to do a selective backup and skip "Profiles". Then do a wipe and restore. You will have to go back and setup your profiles (unless you have a previous backup with it in there) again.

Zo

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Be forewarned that if you install from a backup, all additions to address book, tasks, calendar, memos, etc. are lost.
    In my case, I deleted 4.5 and used the disk that came with my handheld, v4.2 to see if it were the upgrades or having downloaded same from the internet. Not the case. Had same problem.
    Went to most recent backup dated 8-15 and attempted to install. It wiped all added data and rearranged my icons into a jumbled mess, including all the vendor stuff I'd hidden, then when it got to themes the handheld indicated "app load error" and the installation was left hanging.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You can do an individual restore also just like an individual backup. We solved those issues (with the Profiles that is), by backing up except the profiles, wiping, and then restoring everything with profiles being set back to default.

Zo

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just uninstalled Desktop Manager 4.5 and installes 4.6
    I synchronized successfully with no errors. I was also able to backup my database successfully and just for kicks I made sure I could restore my database. All is working. Might be an issue with your PC.

I don't know how to sync or do any of the stuff you guys have posted

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I have the same problem. Can't figure out why. So when I go to back up, I use the advanced tab first and clear the profiles, then I can back up. But then I have to go back in after and set my alerts again in the profile I use. Hopefully the next release of 4.5 will fix. On .60 right now. F

What's a profile anyway?

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the same profile issue. I do the std backup and everything looks fine. But the backup file is not in the directory. I use the advanced tab and leave out the profiles. A little extra work but can't figure out why a std backup doesn't work.

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes that unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks

kenw no está en línea Stack level 1

cannot backup or clear profiles

I too have the very same error with profiles greyed out. So, is there a way to rebuild the profiles database? I'm using DTM 4.6 on an 8100 and am also on BES. - Ken

Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreeman3 View Post
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes that unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks
    I have the same exact issue but saw no responses to this entry

This is just in general, and not specific to your question, but have discovered that FreeRange apps like AP and WSJ need to be deleted and have been causing backup probs in profile. Also clear cache prior to backup