Hello I'm new to Pinstack, but have been reading many forums/threads before asking. I seem ... RIM Desktop Software forum

bhowlett no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Error 1714. the older version of BB Desktop 4.xxx cannot be removed

Advertisement

Hello I'm new to Pinstack, but have been reading many forums/threads before asking. I seem to be in an endless loop of Desktop install/remove chaos. i've tried so many things suggested on Pinstack that I can't even remember where to begin.

I'll start with my phone. I just received a BB 8310 (going from a BB8700). It came with DM 4.2. I had a previous version on my computer, but our IT guy removed it and that's when trouble started. He "gave up" after awhile becasue I needed my phone. I told him I would try and figure it out.

I've tried installing/reinstalling ALL versions of DM (4.0, 4.1, 4.2), but cannot get past this erro. I've followed the complete removal procedure off other threads, but to no avail. Here is the error.

"Error 1714. The older version of Blackberry Desktop Version 4.1.1 cannot be removed. Please contact your technical support group."

I'm using MS 2000 OS. Outlook 2003.

thanks for any help you can give!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Error 1714. the older version of BB Desktop 4.xxx cannot be removed

Try the process in this thread, How To: Perform A Clean Uninstall Of Desktop Manager. Then try the new install.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bhowlett no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Error 1714. the older version of BB Desktop 4.xxx cannot be removed

WOW.
    Yes, I have tried this procedure a few times. I even tried loading earlier versions on DM after the "clean uninstall". I still get same message. What's frustrating is that the DM installs almost the whole way until the status bar reads : "removing applications", then I get the Error 1714. After I hit ok, the installer says the "installation was interupted" and that's it.

Here is the interesting part:

I actually saw the DM shortcut on my desktop this time. opened it and everything seems normal????? I've had the above error everytime and never tried anything else assuming it did not load.

The DM SEEMS to be working correctly!!!!! I actually got my over 1100 contacts to load in(Hurray!!). This is what I've been trying to get for weeks.

I'll try and sychronize a few times and keep you posted if any other errors come up.

thanks for the help