I have recently acquired a BB 8100 pearl to use as a personal device after ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sacko66 no está en línea Stack level 1

email not syncing from outlook to BB 8100

Advertisement

I have recently acquired a BB 8100 pearl to use as a personal device after leaving my company. Previously as a corporate user I felt the need (!) for up to the minute email whilst mobile, but have now decided to syncronise my BB to my personal email account via my PC MS Outlook email / calendar / contacts / ... using desktop software rather than pay for an internet connection for my BB.

Here's the sequence of events.

1. I left the company and returned the old company BB but arranged with Vodafone for the telephone number to be retained and transferred to myself . This process takes 7 days. Also ordered new BB 8100 pearl at same time.

2. New pearl was delivered the next day along with a new SIM card. Because the new SIM card was not active yet I put the old SIM card into the new device and used the phone fine.

3. loaded desktop software onto pc (running Windows XP home edition) succesfully .

4. Succesfully syncronised all outlook info, including new emails from my pc onto the BB. So far so good.

5. As expected , the old SIM card stopped working after 7 days, so I inserted the new SIM card and it worked fine as a phone.

6. When I tried to syncronise , all of my outlook information continued to syncronise OK and continues to do so with the exception of Emails which no longer sync to my BB.

7. the Desktop Redirector correctly tells me the exact number of emails 'pending to device' and the 'time since last device contact' (ie when it sync'ed correctly in step 4 above).

I'm hoping I've missed something obvious but any help appreciated .....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: email not syncing from outlook to BB 8100

Welcome to pinstack. Have you made any luck with this or do you still need help?

no help as yet , but to fair only posted 10 hours ago . thanks .

another clue (?) ... i have received an email

from 'network@etp04.etp.eu.blackberry.net'

subject - 'RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2',

content -
    This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.BEGINETP 10AxIAAAAAAAAABg!!ENDETP -2141031231I'm not sure why any emails being sent externally . its almost as if my outlook is sending the pending emails externally rather than just redirecting them to the BB. I suspect I am doing (have done ) something silly ! can anyone put me out of my misery ?

Thumbs down Re: email not syncing from outlook to BB 8100

still haven't resolved this .
    its almost as if outlook/redirector software is trying to sync to my BB via the internet rather than down the usb cable . I know i'm probably being really thick and there is a setting in outlook/ redirector that obviuosly is mis-set but is there anyone in the forum who can put me out my misery?
    (perhaps i'm the only BB user that is too tight fisted to make use of the wireless syncronisation?)