Hi all. I am still working off DM 4.3 and haven't had any problems, even ... RIM Desktop Software forum

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293

Dumb Question - Why Upgrade?

Advertisement

Hi all. I am still working off DM 4.3 and haven't had any problems, even after upgrading my 8130 OS to 4.5. So why upgrade to DM 4.6?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm kind of wondering the same question. I mean 4.5 aesthetically looks nicer than 4.3 did but other than that functionality was all there. or maybe there were things that I never tried to do with 4.3? I'm not sure, but I am sure that a more informed stacker will come along and let us in on the secret.

good question though, uncleman.
    -Luciferseamus
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Thanks lucifer. I mean I'm all about getting the most out of my BB. I've had it for 8 months and have upgraded the OS 4 times! But I'd like to know what the benefits will be. Plus there's a message somewhere along the download process that says something to the effect of "if you didn't buy your device directly from RIM, check with your provider to make sure this'll work with it....blah blah blah." I don't want to muck things up.

Anyway, 4.5 is downloading as we speak but I'll wait for some responses before I actually run it.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I can safely say that DM 4.5 will give you no problems, now what it gives you that 4.3 does not I could not say. hope someone posts some useful info for you soon.
    good luck!

btw I love your avatar
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Thanks man. Marley's the Man.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~