I just set up a BES express small business at a new company. I managed ... RIM Desktop Software forum

avallach no está en línea Stack level 1

dumb question - how do I edit filters?

Advertisement

I just set up a BES express small business at a new company. I managed one a few years ago at another company. I see that I can manage my filters directly on the server or on my handheld but I can't see where to edit them in my desktop software. I think there used to be an option called redirector settings and I'd go in there to make changes but I don't have that option with this version. How do I get there? Did I install the desktop software wrong?

PS: My Desktop Manager software is 4.2.2.14 (April 26 2007).
    Last edited by avallach; 08-20-2007 at 09:12 PM.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: dumb question - how do I edit filters?

On the Desktop, one of the choices you should have is email. There are four tabs available once you select it, the second one is filters.

My options are Application Loader, Backup and Restore, Media Manager, Switch Device Wizard, and Synchronize.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

When you installed your Desktop Manager did you do a custom install, or just let the installer do it's thing?

You can still edit the filters from the email Options, it's just more tedious than using your desktop and a full sized keyboard.

You may want to try uninstalling the desktop and all user settings, restarting the PC, and then reinstalling the desktop, followed by another restart. If you still have the same problem in regards to the options the desktop manager displays, there are other factors at play. Let us know.

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the solution but I didn't want to go through all that if I didn't have to.

Yep that did the trick. I reinstalled and now I have all the options I had before plus Email Settings. Thanks!