so here's the deal - just picked up a Storm, downloaded DTM 4.7 from Blackberry ... RIM Desktop Software forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question DTM and the BB Storm

Advertisement

so here's the deal - just picked up a Storm, downloaded DTM 4.7 from Blackberry site - when I first plugthe phone in t the PC and start DTM, it checks for application updates. I get thebox that says "Updated versions of the applications lited are available for your device". when I click update now, it checks things out and then gives me the box that reads "The system applications installed on your device are newer than those avilable with this version of the blackberry device sftware. Click options if you want to install earlier versions".

I don't have any OS installed on my desktop however - at least I don't think so and can't find it in my add/remove programs list.

what's this mean and what would occur if I installed anyway?

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

1 more thing...

if I clik options and bypass the warning, I get the long list of ps that allow me to check/uncheck the boxes next to the apps - the first one is 4.7 system SW and a "downgrade" in the action column. all the rest are either none or install. The core applications, however, are listed as an upgrade,

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    DM is checking the web for your devices official OS based on your PIN. It is then showing you the OS installed on your device and the official OS for your device. It did the same to me and I went with recommended and haven't had an issue yet. Mine was on a curve however so I am not certian it will be the same for the storm.

pepe103 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20CB6F18
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    so here's the deal - just picked up a Storm, downloaded DTM 4.7 from Blackberry site - when I first plugthe phone in t the PC and start DTM, it checks for application updates. I get thebox that says "Updated versions of the applications lited are available for your device". when I click update now, it checks things out and then gives me the box that reads "The system applications installed on your device are newer than those avilable with this version of the blackberry device sftware. Click options if you want to install earlier versions".

I don't have any OS installed on my desktop however - at least I don't think so and can't find it in my add/remove programs list.

what's this mean and what would occur if I installed anyway?