I work for a firm with about 500+ Blackberry devices. According to RIM's website, it ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Skaye2006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile DST (Daylight Savings Time) - What's everyone's approach?

Advertisement

I work for a firm with about 500+ Blackberry devices. According to RIM's website, it looks as though we need to do one of two things:

1. Upgrade everyone's desktop manager to 4.2 SP1
    2. Deploy a reg hack to disable time/date sync until everyone is on Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1.

I am curious to see what plans people have in preparation for the DST change in March. I know this is a HUGE hassle for us, especially since we need to upgrade our Blackberry Enterprise server (in order to wirelessly push the DST patches to every device), upgrade HandHeld OS software (to support a wireless push), AND now upgrade our Desktop software so that syncing won't cause issues - ALL of this in only a few weeks time = NOT GOOD.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: DST (Daylight Savings Time) - What's everyone's approach?

Skaye2006, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't deal with BES so really can't help. Just wanted to welcom you. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

and
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I am on company BES and the plans are a push of some patch to our desktops. Nothing was mentioned about using Desktop Manager 4.2.

auwcl no está en línea Stack level 1

My company has made available free software — BoxTone DST Expert for BlackBerry — as a service to the BlackBerry community. Helps BES admins monitor patch and update progress by BlackBerry user and BES. Links to it are on the main BoxTone site.