I'm a NOOB.. in every sense when it comes to the BB.. I've gotten as ... RIM Desktop Software forum

LoPing no está en línea Stack level 1

Downloading and Watching movies.8300

Advertisement

I'm a NOOB.. in every sense when it comes to the BB.. I've gotten as far as getting a new theme thats about it.. I've heard you can watch movies from the BB can anyone point me in the right direction on how to achive this? Thanks in advance!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello LoPing! Welcome to PinStack!

You'll need to upgrade your device to a 4.5 Operating System in order to take advantage of the video streaming capabilities. You can get the latest release of the OS for your device here.

Instructions for the upgrade procedure are found here.

You will also need the Desktop Manager application loaded on your PC in order to do this upgrade which you can find here.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions as we are here to help you with all your BlackBerry needs/issues!

Good luck!

Roger

LoPing no está en línea Stack level 1
    Roger,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the assistance.. If I can bug you once more.. Once I have the streaming capabilities then can I down load movies to my BB and if so how/where? Thanks again!!

shoestring no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you have the ability to "Rip" one of your DVDs on your PC, you can convert the resulting file to something playable on your BB. I've had success with OS 4.2x and with OS 4.5 on my Curve 8320.

Lots of resources for how to rip a DVD available on the 'net -- dvd-guides has a good tutorial on how to use FairUseWizard do do just that.

Once you have the ripped file, you can use something to "transcode" it to a format that is playable on your BB. I personally use a program called "Media Coder" to do the grunt work. There is a preset file which works for me on the site. Search the forums at mediacoderhq for "Preset for Blackberry Curve 8310 / 8320"