Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

this is 331mg alot bigger file. wounder what it has in it.... RIM Desktop Software forum

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

Re: DM v.4.3 Now Available

Advertisement

this is 331mg alot bigger file. wounder what it has in it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Trying again and hopefully I will get a better result now that it's been posted here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...O27mFJ3MRlwA**

jwhite4304 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by GPRacer98 View Post
    So... I just got my new BB Pearl 8130 from Verizon... When I pop the CD into my computer to install the 4.3 DM, an error pops up:

"Error 1904.Module...... ..... HResult - 2147220473. Contact your support personnel."

I click OK and another one pops up... about 3 times... then... the install window comes up and tries to Install the Roxio Media Manager.. it gets about half way... and just stops.... nothing else...

Anyone else run into this?? Any Suggestions??

Thanks!
    John

Me too! Anyone have a idea?
    Jimbo

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

ok the 331mg one has roxio media manger in it had to uninstall the first 4.3 to get this to work. also not sure if everyone knows roxio has a ringtone maker in it. i dont belive the 233mg one has roxio in it i know it says it did but i think it used the 4.2sp2 roxio that is why some had it and some didnt that is my guess. but the ring tone thing is pretty cool.

jimbo_hippo no está en línea Stack level 1

OK further to my previous rant, it would seem that there are distict differences between the versions of 4.3 floating around here from different locations. The vodaphone sourced one was just like 4.2 with a new skin. Same error messages both on install and during any attempt to sync for me. However the version which now appears on the RIM website does not have this problem. In fact it performs a clean install, even without all the 'run in compatibility mode' nonsense so it would appear there has been some work done to make it Vista friendly.

I failed to mention that I am running Vista Business which is the 32bit version. Didn't have a choice as a Microsoft Reseller it's the only one we got. I say this because there are some people running succesfully on other versions.

However, I still have one problem. When I attempt to set up my synch with Outlook, only 'ASCII Importer/Exporter' and 'Yahoo!' are listed. No sign of Outlook anywhere under any options such as contacts, calendar etc.

Anyone with a clue here would be welcomed with open arms as I feel I am within touching distance of my dream: Blackberry Handset and headache free synching under Vista!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Trying again and hopefully I will get a better result now that it's been posted here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...O27mFJ3MRlwA**

Appears that RIM has removed this download...

jimbo_hippo no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Appears that RIM has removed this download...

No it's there. You have to go the page with all versions listed select 4.3 from the drop down and go. Do all the usual (annoying) yes blah blah and then you should get to it. I can't post URLs I'm afraid.

Still takes about one decade to download, plus 5 years to install but we knew that already didn't we.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_hippo View Post
    No it's there. You have to go the page with all versions listed select 4.3 from the drop down and go. Do all the usual (annoying) yes blah blah and then you should get to it. I can't post URLs I'm afraid.

Still takes about one decade to download, plus 5 years to install but we knew that already didn't we.
    Thx... I had clicked the link the post(s) above, and that only brought up an error. Your info inspired me to go back to blackberry.com, and dig my way through the menus to find the 4.3 English download, which is, indeed, there as you indicate. I'm downloading it now. It's also outrageously slow, as you also mentioned...despite my 12 Mbps connection to the outside world, RIM is feeding this to me at about 111 KB/sec... At this rate, it will take about half an hour.

I've had some horrible instability on my machine (XP pro) since installing the vodafone version. Hopefully that's a coincidence...or perhaps a reinstall with this new version will fix things. As always, Windows is just WAY too fragile and unstable....

Thanks again.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I also noticed in the dropdown selection today that there's an "English" version instead of only Multi.

I'm downloading it to see if it's at all different. The inability to minimize to tray may cause me to roll back otherwise (not that I've witnessed any REAL advantages/features anyway).

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

It's pretty, but I don't see many differences except the interface. I do like the look of it though.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I had to roll back to 4.2 SP2

jimmyh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: DM v.4.3 Now Available

Recently downloaded 4.3 and seems to be working fine. How do I get it to sync with Yahoo, instead of Outlook. Would this be somewhere in the data settings?

Have 8700c with unlimited AT&T

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678