I have 2 computers that I work with... on the first one, the DM installed ... RIM Desktop Software forum

joe824g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    206012C4

DM several problems

Advertisement

I have 2 computers that I work with... on the first one, the DM installed wonderfully, but the media manager never got installed, still it runs fine with my Outlook applications, and I am able to sync everything without a problem....

now... I just tried installing it in my laptop, but for some reason, there it installed itself completely, with Roxio and all, but it keeps givimg me trouble, it crashes everytime I try to open it, so I can't really even sync it.

and third, ever since I installed DM on both computers, an error keeps coming up and crashes some programs when it comes up... the error message says it can't "read" memory, and gives me a series of codes and numbers before and after the "read"...

any help?

thanks

JM

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: DM several problems

what DM version and os on the com's?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by joe824g View Post
    now... I just tried installing it in my laptop, but for some reason, there it installed itself completely, with Roxio and all, but it keeps givimg me trouble, it crashes everytime I try to open it, so I can't really even sync it.
    This part sounds like you are on Vista on the laptop. There is a fix for DM starting and closing on Vista. I posted it back in August and you can read it here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/385878-post16.html

PIN/ID
    206012C4

Thnks for your help... It' a 4.3 DM... I have a Windows XP not Vista, but I'm running a Office 2007 version, could that have anything to do with it?

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I run Office 2003 on my PC and Lotus Notes on my work laptop (which I sync with) and have limited experience with 2007 so I am not sure if that would be a cause. Because of issues syncing with both I only use Lotus Notes. Maybe someone using 2007 can chime in with their experience. But it sounds like and issue with the copy of DM 4.3 that you have. Did you download it or use it off a disk? If you downloaded it I would redownload and try again with fresh installs. I'll have to do some looking around to see if their are other similar issues out there...

PIN/ID
    206012C4

actually, I installed it off the original Cd that came with my 8300

try d/l'ing it from here and see if this helps: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

PIN/ID
    206012C4

ok, I already installed this, but there's still the problem, it doesn't crash, but it won't sync... it gives me the following error right when I start trying to configure my sycing options...:

The operation terminated unexpectedly

and then it crashes

I don't get what is going on

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    try d/l'ing it from here and see if this helps: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

lchiango no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone solved the "the operation terminated unexpectedly" issue