OK, I have searched these forums and have not found anything on my issue - ... RIM Desktop Software forum

miltos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question DM performs sync, but doesn't catch changed data

Advertisement

OK, I have searched these forums and have not found anything on my issue - but please feel free to point me there if I missed it.

Yesterday I synced to my work laptop with no problems (Outlook 2003 and a Tmobile Pearl). Today I performed a sync. DM performs the sync, shows that it is processing calendar/tasks/addresses/notes. There are definitely new and deleted appointments on my desktop calendar, but they are not getting picked up by Intellisync and transferred to my phone.

I know I could do an overwrite/refresh sync to just transfer everything from Outlook to the Pearl, but I'm wondering if there is something I could do to get Intellisync & DM to "re-sync" with the phone without having to do an overwrite.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: DM performs sync, but doesn't catch changed data

Hmmmm... I don't synch alot.... dumb question but I have done it before - did you include the calendar info - once I couldnt figure it out and i had only selected addresses.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

miltos no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: DM performs sync, but doesn't catch changed data

Fair question ... yes, I have everything set to sync (calendar/addresses/tasks/notes). Yesterday it synced fine, today it's doing this. I did not install any new software on my laptop or my phone. I did not make any changes to anything that would have effected the sync process. I checked the log and saw this:

On 7/24/2007 9:11 PM
    Synchronize Handheld Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

First System: Handheld
    Second System: Microsoft Outlook
    Conflict Resolution: Notify
    Appointment Range: From 7/24/2007 To 12/31/2400

Input From First System:

READ "Music"
    READ "WSC: Dano"
    READ "COFO PM Meeting"

Total Inputs From First System: 3

Input From Second System:

READ "<Unspecified>"
    READ "<Unspecified>"

These "READ "<Unspecified>"" lines go on for 434 entries.

To make things interesting I tried syncing my phone with my home computer (which I also do on a regular basis) and it synced fine. Then, when I tried syncing to my work laptop again it synced the new calendar events from my home computer, but still not the events in my Outlook calendar.

Upon examining the log further I see this:
    " CP Demo discussion - Unchanged on Both Systems"

Problem is, this morning I deleted this appointment in my work Outlook calendar (was scheduled for today), and created a new event for it tomorrow. So I have one deleted event and one new event that should have synced to my phone.

My phone still shows the event scheduled for today and does not show the new event for tomorrow.