I tried posting this on the main BB forum but haven't gotten any reply - ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question DM for Mac - sync error

Advertisement

I tried posting this on the main BB forum but haven't gotten any reply - so now having dealt with it a little more, and finding this forum I thought I'd try again.

I'm trying to sync my Pearl 8130 with DM for Mac. It keeps either giving me an error unable to complete sync - please try again, or if it goes to complete the sync has an issue with iSync on Mac that it wants to change over 40 of my calendar events.

These are events I have set to repeat every year, like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I have them in iCal as "all day events", but DM and iSync are finding them as an exception and want to change them to be from 4:00am - 4:00am as "timed events".

This makes it lapse midnight so it appears as a 2 day event on my BB and makes a mess of my calendar. (I tried it and was able to revert only by using a backup - whew)

If anyone knows anything I would appreciate the help. I just started using DM for Mac and this is the first issue I've had, but the manual doesn't have much for troubleshooting. I can send the log or give any other info that may be helpful if needed.

Thanks!

Thumbs down

It took 2 days of searching but I found an answer about this.

Anyone else has this or other issues with DM for Mac - download the "Release Notes" here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/micro...00%20314150303

There is ALOT they know about that doesn't work and they need to FIX!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Thanks 4 the link. I read your post several times and had nothing to offer so I did not reply but I felt your pain all day.

Actually that is one of the orignal reasons I left RIM. I own nothing but Mac's and it was so painful to use a BB with a Mac. Of course almost 2 years later they release the new DM for Mac but I don't know to much about how well it works.

So I venture into threads like this to catch tips.

No problem - this just kills me though. I use iCal and my Pearl to keep track of everything and deciding whether to wait this out or go back to Pocket Mac will be painful.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    Wow i was looking for this answer thanks for posting... so its still not fixed or working?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarspicebaby1 View Post
    No problem - this just kills me though. I use iCal and my Pearl to keep track of everything and deciding whether to wait this out or go back to Pocket Mac will be painful.
    I hear this point. I transferred to Mac less than a year ago so I know that many things don't work. It's painful. I still revert to my HP just for functionality but it shouldn't have to be this way.

I will soon be like srl7741 and switch to another device because of this.