I have recently changed devices to an 8130. I have successfully moved all info from ... RIM Desktop Software forum

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

DM download causing doubling of calendar items

Advertisement

I have recently changed devices to an 8130. I have successfully moved all info from 7130 to 8130. But now when I synch I get an option to accept, reject or cancel the addition of calendar items from Outlook to my BB which already exist on the device. If I accept, I get a doubling of appointments. If I reject I do not get the new items moved from Outlook to BB. I have tried doing a backup restore then synching and when that didnt work I wiped the device and just did a synch thinking that would solve but I still get outlook trying to double up my appointments on the BB.
    Any suggestions????

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: DM download causing doubling of calendar items

there is a configuration tab. under the advanced settings, you need to choose which one will win ...

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I was going to change that, but I add data to both devices and then synch so that they match. If one wins then I can only add data to 1 device so that it wins an puts it on the other. Is that not correct?

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: DM download causing doubling of calendar items

I have the same issue but (I think) it's due to my exchange server and Outlook email profiles changing today.

The duplicates only exist on my BB 8310, the desktop is fine.

Is there any way to wipe just the calendar on the BB and import the settings from the desktop?

I've tried several combinations of import/export/refresh options from the synchronization tool and none seem to work. I would have thought "Import" and "Refresh" would do what I want, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

FYI I ended up having to backup the BB, delete the calendar database from the backup file, wipe the BB, and do a restore (excluding calendar).

I can only guess the duplicates were caused because I had 2 outlook profiles. For some reason the BB kept the calendar entries from the old profile.

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Mine are duplicated on my BB only as well. I have gone back and forth with synchs in every direction and can't get it to work. I only have 1 profile. Can you mention again what you did in a bit more detail? This is driving me crazy. thanks

flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304F193C

FYI... I'm syncing my BB calendar with my Yahoo! account and I'm not getting any duplicates.

Miro -

I did a full backup of the device from DM.

I then removed the calendar from the backup file from Backup and Restore -> Advanced -> File -> Open -> (pick the backup file). Select "Calendar" from the "Desktop file Databases" and hit "Delete" button.

Then on the BB, wipe it with Options->Security Options->General Settings->(Menu button)->Wipe Handheld.
    I left "Include third-party applications" UNCHECKED.

After the wipe is complete restore the BB from DM using the file above without the calendar database.

This will give you a BB with an empty calendar. You should now be able to synchronize w/o duplicates.

Hope this helps!