Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help!!!!! i've searched and searched the threads for help but couldn't find anything that hit ... RIM Desktop Software forum

tanjscott no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

DM Application Loader problems

Advertisement

Help!!!!! i've searched and searched the threads for help but couldn't find anything that hit my problem right on the head.Here goes.....I just recently purchased a 8700c and everything is going great except that when I connect it to the Desktop Manager and try using the app loader it shows nothing in the box.I have these OS's installed on the device its 4.1.0.194 and on the computer i'll give both cause I don't know what to go by (bb device manager 4.1.0.9 and app loader says 4.1.0.13).I've tried unistalling and installing over and over and still nothing.

Is there something i'm missing.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tan
    Tangie

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: DM Application Loader problems

Hi tanjscott. What are you trying to load through the DM? When you open Application Loader make sure you click add and search to where you have the files to load. Make sure all the files that come with the application, game or theme are all in the same spot together. Each thing you load through DM usually has two files that are necessary to load the file. Let us know what you are trying to load and we can help you with what files you should look for.

PIN/ID

Well I wanted to get rid of some stuff on my device.I remember when I had the 7100 I could see everything when I opened the app loader.
    Tangie

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

ummm, just curious after uninstalling did you reboot your *puter then install and reboot ? i know with some progs XP likes to be rebooted even though it doesnt ask you, just a thought

PIN/ID
    3056468b

My DM does not show what is on my device, and never has. I see often people mention they can and I have always wondered. Not here though, had this BB for a year, never happened. I have 7100i with Nextel.

PIN/ID

Now thats a thought never rebooted,lol.Well with the other one I seen everything.Oh well I guess i'll leave it alone then.Is it ok to just delete things straight out the phone as far as programs go?I don't want to mess anything up.I did download something at added it thats about it.
    Tangie

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    My DM does not show what is on my device, and never has. I see often people mention they can and I have always wondered. Not here though, had this BB for a year, never happened. I have 7100i with Nextel.

wow really CP, my DM shows whats installed on my 8700g

PIN/ID

Now I see what some good through and some don't lol.
    Tangie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Tan, did you install the BB OS 4.1.0.194 on you PC also, by running the OS exe file? It should have a filename like "8700E_PBr4[1].1.0_rel175_PL2.0.0.90_A4.1.0.194_Cingular.exe". I have seen cases where, if the OS was not installed on the PC, the App/loader wouldn't display what was installed on the BB and wouldn't let you do anything. You might have to download it from the RIM site. Or you could install a later version of the 8700 OS from another provider. Check out the Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) Sticky to find links to the appropriate downloads

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rich, I dont have a need for the BB OS on my PC. If I ever need it I will download it then delete it again. Could that be why I dont see any of my applications while in DM? I plugged my BB into my friends computer which has the OS on the desktop, and all it showed me was what the OS could download, but the actions were none. Are you guys talking about DM showing third party software, or just BB OS software on the device?

PIN/ID

Ok i'll try that.CP i'm talking about everything.I can't see nothing at all.I'm gonna try that and post afterwards.
    Tangie

PIN/ID

Rcbjr told me what I needed to know that was it.I downloaded that exact file path from the cingular/bb site and ran the dm and when I opened app loader everything showed up.Thank you so much for helping me figure out what i've trying to figure out for like 2 days now.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You're Welcome Tan, Glad we got it working.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Good job Rcbjr, you are so helpful!
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    . . . Are you guys talking about DM showing third party software, or just BB OS software on the device?
    The App loader will show everything that has been installed using app loader that is still where it was installed from, If something was moved/deleted it will show greyed out and will be deleted. Does that make sense? It's really late.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast