I was trying to add two themes to my 8320. When I try to browse ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

DM 4.6 Question

Advertisement

I was trying to add two themes to my 8320. When I try to browse for the files, it goes through its process and the list of current installed programs and I notice it asks me to downgrade docs to go and jivetalk. Why would it ask me to do that. Why would I want to downgrade? Anyway to skip all that and just install the themes?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you have upgraded DocsToGo to the version with sheets to go it will always try to downgrade to the version that came with the OS. To stop this from happening do this, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\your device&OS Version ex mine is 8330-v4.5.0.77 and delete the DocumentsToGo.alx file. This will stop the DM from trying to load that original version.

For Jivetalk, did you do an OTA upgrade? If you upgrade an app on your BB but still have a lower version on your computer and listed in the DM application loader then it will try to downgrade. The easiest way for me to stop this is to either delete the app from the computer, since it's an older version I don't want anymore. Or just move it to a different folder on your computer so the application loader won't be able to find it so it won't try to downgrade.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    Hi azstar, thats an absoltutely helpful information for me. I have had that prob more than once and haven´t had any idea how to solve that issue. Thx a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Azstar, I'll try that when I get home.

DM should just have an option to install a theme instead of checking everything else though? Does a program like that exist?

Fixed, it worked. Thanks
    Last edited by ocanyc; 11-01-2008 at 02:13 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    To find where jivetalk is on your computer, open the DM, then the Application Loader and Select Add/Remove applications, then find Jivetalk on the list and highlight it and then click on "details" and look at "Location" that should tell you where on your PC it is.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4