I hope I am posting this in the correct location as I yet to figure ... RIM Desktop Software forum

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request

DM 4.6 Profile error code while backing up 8330

Advertisement

I hope I am posting this in the correct location as I yet to figure out some of the new settings. I have a 8330 w 4.3 OS that I am preparing to upgrade to the new sprint os 4.5.. I tried to do a desktop backup as usual only it stopped and would not complete the backup once it got to the Profiles database section. I got an error code stating communication error with device retry.. This is the first time I had seen that happen I downloaded and installed. DM 4.6 and got the same result. I can go to the advanced settings and backup file by file but the profiles database will not with a backup not completed?? I do not want to start the OS upgrade if my backups are not correct. Does anyone have a work around or advice? I would be very grateful.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Honestly if it is just the profiles and you can do the rest I wouldn't worry to much about it. You have tried all of the steps I would have tried and they didn't seem to work for you. If you decide to do the upgrade try going to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and run the loader file from there. Sometimes doing this, when it starts the install it will do the back ups without the errors.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rather than DM, locate "loader.exe" where your new 4.5 OS installed I fond it does a better job of backup and restore when doing an OS upgrade than DM does.
    Hope that helps.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think there is an echo in here..lol. Did you ever get it worked out rx?

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Yes and. No I changed some of the setting on DM 4.6 (I was actually still using 4.5) So resolved that. I am a little gun shy about doing the OS upgrade. My whole life is on this BB. If I brick it I will be in withdraw. Hey modern do you know if the Med professionals forum still exists I havnt been getting updates. Thank You all for your help it is much appreciated.