Hi: I updated my DM to 4.2.2 hoping this would correct the problem but it ... RIM Desktop Software forum

wgreenjr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f6794d

DM 4.2.2 Shuts down on sync with Vista

Advertisement

Hi:
    I updated my DM to 4.2.2 hoping this would correct the problem but it did not. I have also attempted all the solutions listed here.
    The problem: When I plug my BB into my computer to synchronize, it goes through the initial counting of addresses, files, etc and then just shuts down. The Vista dialog box comes up and says DM has stopped working and will be shut down—and then it does. Everything works well on my XP system so the problem must be with Vista, right? Cingular, RIM and Microsoft tech support were no help—each just blamed the other.
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cp6169; 06-04-2007 at 12:11 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: DM 4.2.2 Shuts down on sync with Vista

Hi there wgreenjr, welcome to pinstack. My desktop manager will do the same thing as for shutting down, however it lets me finish syncing first. When I go to close the program using the "x" it will give me that error message. I havent figured out how to correct my problem, I have updated to the newest desktop manger as well. Hoepfully someone else has some ideas.