I made the mistake of throwing out a working DM4.3 and installing DM4.6 on my ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sv_ted no está en línea Stack level 1

DM4.6 is Driving Me Crazy!

Advertisement

I made the mistake of throwing out a working DM4.3 and installing DM4.6 on my XP system. I completely uninstalled 4.3 including all folders and registry entries. I got the four "dll failed to register" errors during the install. I corrected these by successfully manually registering the dll's. DM4.6 will start and recognize my Pearl2. I can search for updates (which opens a website). When I try to sync I get the message that "The computer must be connected to the internet...". I have disabled all security software (McAfee) and the firewall on my router. I have uninstalled and re-installed many times. This seems to be a common problem with DM revisions beyond 4.2 as I see many posts on the problem but no real solutions. I am not yet ready to spend $49 to RIM to help correct the problem. Has anyone found what is causing this and/or a fix?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you're in sync configuration, check the box that says Synchronize Organizer Data and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for looking. I have tried that without any success. I am surprised that with the number of posts about this problem that there do not seem to be any solutions.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    It worked at work but not at home. The home installation is giving me that error anyway.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    DonGato,

I had someone else do this and get it to work.

Go into your Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista) and remove everything that says either BlackBerry Desktop Manager or BlackBerry Device Software (not necessary, but you might also want to get a fresh copy of your current OS on the computer). Take it a step further and use this thread to make sure you have a clean uninstall of DM.

Reboot your PC.

Download and install DM 4.6 from here.

Hope this helps!

Roger

I did that before without success. In any case with the work setup I was able to do what I wanted.

I have already done a wipe and a clean install. I am still having the problem. DonGato: how did you get it to work. I am stuck.

At work RoGro recommendation worked:
    When you're in sync configuration, check the box that says Synchronize Organizer Data and see if that makes a difference.
    Not at home.