Hello everyone I am new to this site and to the blackberry device. I was ... RIM Desktop Software forum

slscarbo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448acbb

Disconnecting my blackberry from my computer

Advertisement

Hello everyone I am new to this site and to the blackberry device. I was loading some applications onto my new blackberry and when I finished I tried to find a button or something saying disconnect blackberry from my computer. What is the proper method for doing this. I guess I did it wrong because the last time I managed to lock up my blackberry and had to reset it. Thanks for the help.

Stacey

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Disconnecting my blackberry from my computer

just make sure BB screen doesn't say loading or processing. When all done i just disconnect from usb.
    never had any problems.

slscarbo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448acbb

Great I think that might have been my problem. I didn't check to see what the blackberry said when I disconnected it.
    Stacey

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would think that there might be an exception if the MASS STORAGE DEVICE option is turned on. If the SD card shows up as a Removeable Drive in Windows' Explorer - Then I think you should use the dohickey in the TaskTray "Safely Remove Hardware" before unplugging the usb cord.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I would agree with FF2 when using the mass storage. You could possibly corrupt your files on the SD card if not ejected properly. It has never happened to me, but I do it just to be safe.

Welcome to PInstack

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ be sure to right click on the icon in the tray (down by your clock on your pc) and select "unplug usb device" (or something to that effect). Your bb should show up in the list as "RIM device". Then you can unplug without any issues. If you bb is still transferring info, you will get a notice that it cannot be disconnected at that time. Wait a minute, lather, rinse and repeat.

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

The pearl shows up as removable drive but if you click on that then rim will show up ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~