Ok, Another office BB issue. The employee phone does not turn on. But the PC ... RIM Desktop Software forum

sethwas no está en línea Stack level 2

difficulty with backup doesn't see PIN

Advertisement

Ok,
    Another office BB issue. The employee phone does not turn on. But the PC recognizes it in USB. Normally this is a wipe and reload the os situation, but I need to do a backup first. The DM does not see the pin so the backup options are greyed out.
    Is there any way, (3rd party software?) to connect to the phone to pull the info off? Can I get the phone to connect in the first few seconds it connects via usb (like with the apploader)?

Thanks,

Seth

Ok,
    The phone will connect via apploader (pin: unknown) if I run apploader directly not through the desktop manager. I just need to be able to do the same for a backup.

Thanks,

Seth

daveparki no está en línea Stack level 1
    never tried however read a post sometime ago that if you go to the top right corner to connection settings, and force connection, that should help the connection so you can see the pin in desktop manager

Hmm,
    I tried and it quickly read pin:0 but the backup button is still greyed out and it says no device connected.

Seth

just to be clear,
    I can connect directly in the apploader bypassing DM and I can re-flash the OS. But I don't want to because it does not give me the option of backing up first, I want to backup the device before I reload.

Thanks,

Seth

Ok,
    I guess I'll just lose the backup and reflash then.

Seth