OK, I searched for this and didn't find another thread discussing this. Yesterday I had ... RIM Desktop Software forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Device properties conflict between device and desktop manager

Advertisement

OK, I searched for this and didn't find another thread discussing this. Yesterday I had my 8130 Pearl plugged into my PC via the USB. After it had charged to 100% I decided to load a theme, I opened the Desktop Manager and decided to view the Device Properties via the Desktop Manager. According to the Desktop Manager I had only 60% battery power and My available memory was about 15 MB. But on my BB, viewing the Status screen, it said I had 100% battery and about 19MB free.

Earlier today I changed batteries (both batteries are OEM RIM 8130 batteries) and just now when connected to the Desktop Manager it says my battery level is 22% and my file free is 15.7MB, but on my BB in the Status screen it says battery 95% and file free is over 18MB. These are some very extreme differences....especially with the battery power level.

Can some of you check and see if you have the same issue, just compare the stats on the device Status screen vs. the stats on the Desktop Manager>Help>Device Properties.

I'm wondering if it's a wierd Desktop Manager fluke or if there's something wrong with my BB.......and which one should I believe?????

Thanks
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Device properties conflict between device and desktop manager

I just checked mine and the DM says I have 76% battery and 9.4MB free space, my BB reads 95% battery and 9.8MB free space. It seems there is a difference between the two.

I would tend to believe the BB though, after using it for this long the battery reports what I have and the free space seems to keep track with apps installed and removed in proportion to the file sizes (give or take a few KB).

Interesting find though..

Especially the one battery, it's now up to 100% on the device and the Desktop manager device properties still says 22%...very strange........
    Twitter? My Apps List

OK for experimentation sake, I decided to turn off my BB, swap batteries again to the newly charged one that last night the Desktop manager said had 60% power. I hooked it up now to the Desktop manager and it says this one is 22% also, even though the BB staus screen says it's 100% and I just took it out of the charger, it had been charging for at least 6 hours.

I guess it must be a Desktop Manager issue, I've only had this BB for 2 months and the extra battery for about 1 month so they should both be charging fine and holding that charge fairly well. Maybe it's an issue with my current version of Desktop Manager.....4.3.0.15

If anyone else uses a different version and does not experience this I would be interested to know.
    Twitter? My Apps List

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah crazy find!!!! hmmmmm...i think its a fluke
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter