Hi All, I work in Desktop Support for a large organisation. We have been deploying ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Greg_Kumar no está en línea Stack level 1

Device Manager 4.2

Hi All,

I work in Desktop Support for a large organisation. We have been deploying the 8700 series BB to a number of our staff members. Along with this, we are installing Device Manager 4.2 on all of the machines.

We were given a .msi file to run for the Device Manager install. We are also given another .msi file to run before the Device Manager .msi. This was ISScript1150.msi. We were able to install these without any hassle.

However we have now moved onto installing them on computers that are used for finance purposes. IE: Includes financial software like IRESS and FACTSET. We are finding that we are not able to install the Device Manager .msi file. It runs but when we start the install, it comes with the message "Wizard did not complete".

Then we do a clean uninstall and still we get the same problem.

However if we install the Device Manager using the normal installshield icon, it works fine.

The problem is that we can't go back to the machines that we tries installing the other way, and reinstall Device Manager. The only other option lies with a complete PC Rebuild.

We would like to avoid this if possible but if any of you out there has a possible solution, i would be extremely grateful.

Cheers all

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Re: Device Manager 4.2

Welcome to pinstack.
    I've searched around for "Wizard did not complete" is that the exact error? Any other output?