hello, my company upgraded the server and lots of things were affected on my computer, ... RIM Desktop Software forum

krakberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile desktop software won't start

Advertisement

hello, my company upgraded the server and lots of things were affected on my computer, including - for some reason - the BB destop manager. the icon is still there, but when i click on it, i see a "ghost" of it for about 1 sec then it disappears and nothing starts. so i tried to UNinstall it from control panel and it won't let me saying that "this action is only valid for softwares that are installed on this computer." which i guess means, it doesn't recognize it as being a part of this computer?? but i still see it in the control panel's "add/remove softwares" AND on the desktop of my computer!

i tried to install the desktop manager from my blackberry CD-ROM, and it won't do it saying i have a newer desktop manager installed on this computer and uninstall THAT FIRST.

what to do!! thank you...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: desktop software won't start

Strange. I think you'll have to manually delete it and perform the cleanup as indicated in RIM's knowledgebase article on performing a clean uninstall of Dekstop Manager -- then reinstall.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

krakberry no está en línea Stack level 1

chrrichiodo, that was a fantastic page. HOWEVER!

i did rest of the steps, but couldn't do step 1, which is part of the problem. i have everything cleaned out now(except in "add or remove files" in control panel), rebooted and tried to do the CD-ROM software and it won't let me because that blackberry softeware is still in here somewhere!! ARGHHHHH

what to do??? PLEASE HELP!!!