This issue has been raised before but the threads die so I thought I would ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Rudiger no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Desktop Software doesnt start

Advertisement

This issue has been raised before but the threads die so I thought I would liven it up again.

Ok individual solution. Desktop manager starts, appears for a breif second then dissapears. I have clean uninstalled it, scnned the registry and removed all RIM keys. I have scoured the files structure and removed all sub folders relevant. I have donwloaded new and older versions and tried the all. I have tried a completely new and blank profile and still have the same issue.

I have no doubt this is machine specific but have no idea what to unisntall.

Any ideas whatsover? I have look thru all the threads and all the solutions give me zip I'm afraid.

HELP!!!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Desktop Software doesnt start

None whatsoever

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rudiger
    This issue has been raised before but the threads die so I thought I would liven it up again.

Ok individual solution. Desktop manager starts, appears for a breif second then dissapears. I have clean uninstalled it, scnned the registry and removed all RIM keys. I have scoured the files structure and removed all sub folders relevant. I have donwloaded new and older versions and tried the all. I have tried a completely new and blank profile and still have the same issue.

I have no doubt this is machine specific but have no idea what to unisntall.

Any ideas whatsover? I have look thru all the threads and all the solutions give me zip I'm afraid.

HELP!!!!!
    when you say you've tried a new profile are you talking about a mapi profile or a user profile on windows?

Both actually. Have tried logging in as a completely different user AND using a diff outlook profile.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rudiger
    Both actually. Have tried logging in as a completely different user AND using a diff outlook profile.
    not to be to picky, but when you say a different user, is that one that was already existing on the machine when the problem began, or a totally new user?

It's probably totally irrelevant, but i've seen issues like this were a totally new profile made it work.

I can't recall specifically. I think I may have just tried administrator, which contradicts what I said before about a totally new one.
    I will try that tomorrow.

However, if that works, where does that lave me? Unless I delete the users profile and set him up again (I hate doing that) But if the shoe fits.......

Thumbs down Re: Desktop Software doesnt start

Have updated all MS updates, Office updates. Removed desktop manager (clean) and reinstalled. Tried new Mapi profile AND new Windows profile.

I see the Desktop Manager window open then close straight away. I went thru device manager and removed just about every service- nil change.

Look, the simple fix is the old "Format c:" but there should be a fix for this surely.

Thumbs up Re: Desktop Software doesnt start

Ok peoples. Heres a bandaid fix that worked (in a way ) for me.

Clean uninstall the Desktop Manager. Reboot.

If you are using it as an individual solution install it as an Exchange version. If it works then you have narrowed the field.

You could save yourself a step here and install it as a Lotus client.

Now there are some issues here.

If you install it as an Exchange client and its an indivdual client you will be bugged with ETP messages, but the Lotus wont do that. It throws 2 errors on starting the Desktop Manager but thats it.

This fixed it for me.

If you are an exchange/Lotus client already, the reverse may work to load it but then you have other issues.

Now I was on the phone to RIM for 68 minutes for this and we tried lots of things. One of them :

re register atl.dll (Using regsvr32).

The problem is specific to the machine and a reload would fix it but stuff that. It also COULD (and I say could) be a conflict with iPode software as that installs something in the MAPI part of the the registry. But as I said to RIM, "does that mean everyone with a Blackberry and an iPod is gunna have this issue? I don't think so"

Anyway, I do hope this helps some of you. I hate forums where the thread just dies and leave you hanging.

Anyway, bye for now.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the update and the information.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles