Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My cd drive on my laptop is out is there anywhere on the internet I ... RIM Desktop Software forum

nickna no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Desktop Software

Advertisement

My cd drive on my laptop is out is there anywhere on the internet I can download the stuff that's on the "Blackberry User tools" or do I have to do it directly from the cd. I realized that without the cd installation I don't have the application loader. Please help!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You can try this site for download locations: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Welcome to PinStack

thank you. That worked. Now I can finally use it.

is the application loader supposed to be an icon on my destop or how do i acess it?

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~app loader is an option with desktop manager once you install the desktop manager

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by snoweey View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~app loader is an option with desktop manager once you install the desktop manager
    and the install should give you the option to put an icon on your desktop. If you've already installed it look in start, all programs, blackberry, desktop manager
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

i cant find the blackberry in my start menu but when i searched it on the add or remove progams i found it there.

Quote Originally Posted by nickna View Post
    i cant find the blackberry in my start menu but when i searched it on the add or remove progams i found it there.
    It may not be there - I installed mine originally from the supplies disk. The pgm name to look for is DesktopMgr.exe and it should be in C:, program files, research in motion, blackberry (I may have misspelled a couple but follow that line and see if you can locate it that way.)

UPDATE: I forgot to ask - did you install it?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-06-2008 at 04:28 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

i think i know what i did wrong. I'm supposed to download to separate files right? I may have done just one.

i think i know what i did wrong. I'm supposed to download to separate files right? I may have done just one.
    What you download should be the install file for DM. I can't remember if it's zipped or not but, if it is, double-clicking the icon will un-zip it and/or start the install.

because i went to the website and I downloaded the link that was linked to my cell phone model. I just noticed there's software also above that.

i may have found it.

how do you know what version to download. I downloaded the 4.2. but i noticed there were some with service packs and there was another one under 4.3? are those upgrades?

how do you know what version to download. I downloaded the 4.2. but i noticed there were some with service packs and there was another one under 4.3? are those upgrades?
    4.2 sp2 is the latest 4.2 version. 4.3 is the latest version period. I'm running th former because I had errors installing 4.3. Most prefer to install 4.3 and I would try that first. If it works, you're good to go. Be sure to follow instructions and take your time. It's not too long an install - give 4.3 a try and post back if you have problems.

thank you. I got it running!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast