Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My desktop software will not communicate with my 8300 .... or vice versa? I have ... RIM Desktop Software forum

capdgow no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop/Roxio problems

Advertisement

My desktop software will not communicate with my 8300 .... or vice versa? I have reinstalled the program several times but still the same result ....... the Roxio window pops up and gives me a run-time error.
    In the course of my last few efforts I note that my PIN got changed and I also got the following error message .... MEDIAMANAGER9.EXE - R6025 - PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL.

Any good ideas?

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    I know they install with the same installer but don't they show up as two different apps in add/remove programs?

Did you actually uninstall both DM & Roxio?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Windows XP or Vista and which DM 4.2, 4.3 or 4.5.

I had similar problems and not only had to use the add remove program. I had to go into regidt and remove the strings. Then I had to also remove the folder from Programs in my computer C drive.

Windows XP is my OS system

PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Sorry that is I used regedit spelt it wrong.

Thanks you guys.

I did not actually uninstall the Roxio program. I desperation I erased it from program files a couple of time.

Can you tell me more about the REGEDIT procedure??

PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Before we start regedit Please make sure you understand the herical tree set-up of the registry.
    Being on a BB right now it is hard to send the info I would like to show.

I am a novice not a IT administrator or Windows expert. Lots of my experience was trial and error.

First piece of advice BACK UP all info. Make sure you have a restore point set in the computer.

Look up regedit in Google prior to doing anything and read what ever you feel is interesting and important. Also look in Microsoft support articles.

To gain access in the run box type regedit and press ok. This will bring up the registry.

You will see
    My computer then 5 folders under it wit + signs
    Hkey_Classes_Root.
    Hkey_Current_User
    HKey_Local_Machine
    Hkey_Users
    Hkey_Current_Config

First one to look in is the 2nd one listed.
    Hit the + sign and look for SOFTWARE. Open that up and look for the Research in Motion and the Roxio folders.
    I removed both the folders complete. Close that string to Hkey_Current_User.

Open the one under that which is the Local_Machine. Go to Software and open the folder and same thing Roxio and Research in motion folders. Remove them and close
    DO not open the other ones nothing there to mess with,

Close the registry edit program and your done.

First make sure you used the add remove program to get rid of the Down load Manager and the device software for BB stuff.
    Also remove the Roxio and Rim folder under my computer-program files. Also look under the Common files folder.

See if there is a RIM and Roxio shared folder and remove. They should be gone if you used the add remove program but make sure.

Now I am not near my regular computer and hope I gave the right order of folders in regedit. PLEASE make sure by researching has much has possible prior to following my advice. If any problems I will be back to a computer later T-nite to check.
    Maybe someone with more knowledge will give better advice. Also make sure you re boot your computer after doing all that above.
    Then re install the DM and OS for your BB and see if it works. Roxio is a PITA program from what I am learning. I use DM 4.3 with roxio
    Have been lucky and also the 4.4.0.46 or 66 OS for my 8310 curve with no problems.

PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Again I mean 4.5.0.46 or 66 operating system

WOW! you typed all of that on your BB!!!??

I am honoured .... and impressed. Thank you.

Not sure what my operating system is but I think it is 4.2?

As you can see I am a lot less expert than you.

PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    LoL
    Since the 4.5 OS I am hardly on my regular computer. So I am getting fast at using this thing.

Still I too am a novice. Only been here a short time, just want to make sure I give proper advice and not screw things up for anyone.
    Hope things work for you but like I said backup on your computer and go slow.

PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Should have told you to first google the error you got and see if it leads to other answers before hitting into the regedit program

rpbarbati no está en línea Stack level 1

Fix for Roxio Media Manager r6025 Pure Virtual Function

Hello,

This error arises due to not having the correct C++ runtime library installed under Windows.

You can get the latest 2008 version from the following link...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Just run it when asked to Run or save. Reboot when it completes and you should be in business - It worked for me.

Rodney

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i had this problem too with DM 4.3...and tried a few solutions that never worked...probably because my registry had so much crap in it...so i did the simple thing and put in my XP disk and did system repair...worked like a charm...but now i'm running DM 4.5...hope this helps

Thanks, again, you guys.

I will try the easy way first then Raven's way if it doesn't work.

DG

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    And please please, use add remove programs to uninstall.. Deleting the program folder does nothing but cause problems.

I did the proper removal for the BBDM but Roxio does not show up in the list so, in desperation, I felt I had to erase it.

Continuing ...... the C++ 2008 upgrade did not work. I Googled the problem and it appears that it is pretty prevalent. I downloaded RegCure (cos it looked semi-official ?) but this seems to have problems locating the problem ....... Looks like I will have to resort to Raven's "Hi-Tech" solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast