I just tried to set up desktop redirector here on my work machine, and it ... RIM Desktop Software forum

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Redirector "not configured" for PIN

Advertisement

I just tried to set up desktop redirector here on my work machine, and it says "not configured" for my PIN and I can't manually enter anything. My USB cable is at home. Do I need to have my phone connected when I set up redirector? I've sync'd my phone here with desktop manager before.

Does it require my phone to be connected when I set up the redirector? I have BIS, not BES fyi.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Desktop Redirector "not configured" for PIN

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm on BES, and have never used redirector, but I would think you would have to have it connected the first time. Just my thoughts.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i believe the OP is referring to desktop manager not redirector. Please clarify. Also yes for desktop manager you need the USB cable to sync.

No, Todd was correct. I know I need the USB cable to sync. I just didn't have it with me at work and I wanted to set up the desktop redirector. Apparently it requires you to connect your phone via USB while setting up the desktop redirector for the first time, so that it can pull in your PIN from your phone.

Yep, it worked fine after connecting my phone up and then configuring desktop redirector. I guess they don't want people putting in the wrong PIN manually and sending their email off to some random person.