Just installed dm 4.6 for my 8310 curve and the media manager will not open. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

Desktop Manger 4.6

Advertisement

Just installed dm 4.6 for my 8310 curve and the media manager will not open. Any suggestions? Everything else works fine.

Thanks,

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Install dm 4.5......

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've been running DM 4.6 for a good while and it works great - I skipped DM 4.5 because I had some issues with it. How about removing and redownloading?

BTW, does DM recognize your BB when you connect it? Is so, the PIN will be listed at bottom left of window.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

superque87 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Make sure you installed the one (4.6) that includes Media Manager. There is also a version in which Media Manager is not included.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I installed the dm with media manager, I click on media and the start button is not highlighted. The media sync on the right works but not the media on the left side of the screen.....

Did you get your problem worked out?

It sounds like you dowmloaded 4.6 w/Media Sync, and I don' think its designed to give you both programs. If you're still having issues, uninstall and reinstall 4.6 w/Media Mgr.

Good luck!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Media Manager is a waste of space.

Don't infect your computer with that Roxio crap.

I'd have to say that I whole-heartedly agree. I thought maybe she was someone who preferred to have it. I uninstalled it from my system last weekend, and unless RIM does something drastic to improve it, I'll never use it again.

jessie0179 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24658D07
    what is the difference between 4.5 and 4.6??? i am running 4.5 rite now!!! and i am kinda debating if i should upgrade to 4.6.... but if there isnt any difference... why should i run it????

please advice.....

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    good question, I haven't been able to find out, I would imaging that there are security updates.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just downloaded DM v.4.6.0.13 for my AT&T Curve (via the RIM site) a few days ago. No problems with any of the functions (including Media Manager)so far, but boy is this version SLOW!!! Synching takes at least 5-10 times as long. Granted, the total time is still only 4 or 5 minutes, but that is a snail's pace compared with 30 seconds or so under my previous version (4.2). I hoped things would speed up a bit after the first few synchs, but no such luck.

Meanwhile, I'm still patiently waiting for the device OS upgrade to 4.5 (yeah, I'm waiting for AT&T's version).