Hi all I am new to Pinstack and I think this site is great. I'm ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Gaia no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Desktop Manager Software issues with BB Pearl 8100

Advertisement

Hi all

I am new to Pinstack and I think this site is great. I'm sure there must be a thread about this but I have searched and had no luck. I own a BB pearl 8100 recently I downloaded Yahoo messenger, google talk and BB maps which uploaded fine onto my BB pearl.

However when I went to add a new theme (or anything else) through my DM when I add the apps and then click next for it to upload I get this message (see below) and if I click to complete the upload then Yahoo messenger, google talk and BB maps get removed from my device and I have to reload them. FYI I have not used different PC's to download any of the apps all this is done on the same PC.

Applications to be erased:
    BlackBerry API Library

Unrecognized modules that will be removed:
    net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_en
    net_rim_bb_qm_google
    net_rim_yahoo_messenger
    net_rim_bb_qm_yahoo_resource_en
    net_rim_bb_qm_lib

Any advice or is this just the way it works? Can someone help?

FYI I recently updated the OS on my device but not my Desktop manager and its still reads my device just fine. Things upload fine its just my DM insists on removing what it says are unrecognised modules, can anyone explain to me why this happens?

thanks

Gaia

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Desktop Manager Software issues with BB Pearl 8100

I have the same problem when I load anything through the Desktop Manager. My solution is to not use the Desktop Manager to load themes, I try to do them OTA.

I dont know of a solution that will allow you to use the Desktop Manager to continue loading themes, hopefully someone else knows of a way.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Re: Desktop Manager Software issues with BB Pearl 8100

this happened to me as well a couple days ago... no idea why it did that, but pretty much all my installed apps got removed. apploader hasn't pulled anything funny like that since then, though