I have an 8310 Curve running OS 4.5, and I am having these problems with ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Bob G no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Manager repeatedly over-writes meeting attendees.

Advertisement

I have an 8310 Curve running OS 4.5, and I am having these problems with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software (versions 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6):

1. When I synchronize my calendar, the DM overwrites the "attendees" field of 100 or so of my appointments (total = 400 or so). When I synchronize, Outlook over-writes the BB, and the next time I synchronize, the BB over-writes Outlook. It writes back and forth over and over, even after I tried one-way synchronization! It seems to be related to the format of names (i.e., "Doe, Jane" versus "Jane Doe"), and it only does this "ping-pong" behavior when my PC (Windoze XP SP3, Outlook 2003) has been connected to the Exchange server since the last synchronization.

2. S-L-O-O-O-W-W ! This is ridiculous! It takes several minutes to synchronize. I have BIS and I need my PDA data in almost real time, so I need to synchronize several times a day.

3. My Add-in (Simprit Grid Magic Sync Manager) appears behind the DM window. It should have the focus when the DM launches it.

None of these issues existed in DM version 4.2, so I wish RIM would undo whatever they broke. All the splashy graphics and gee-whiz features don't mean anything if the basic functionality doesn't work.

I tried reverting to DM 4.2. If fixes these problems, but I discovered that it does not synchronize meeting attendees. Also, I have heard that there were other incompatibilities between earlier versions of DM and OS 4.5 (possibly application & OS updating?).

Does anyone know of any solutions, or if RIM plans to fix any of these problems?

bobsparks no está en línea Stack level 1

Overwriting Attendees

Did anyone get this figured out? I am having the same problem with by bberry bold, dm version 4.6

mikerizz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am getting the same problem too - I think the issue is with how Outlook displays the contacts/attendees names. For example, in my case, my Outlook attendees have the following name format:

"Joe Smith - XYZ Corporation"

while the BB has it shown as "Joe Smith".

I think this is an outlook configuration issue vs. a BB one, although the BB should be able to recognize the display name "Joe Smith - XYZ Corporation" as being the same thing as "Joe Smith".

mksmith54 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help! Updated to DM 4.6 over the weekend and I am having the same problem. I have tried several things (changing Oulook settings, re-synching with Outlook overriding handheld, etc.). Nothing works.

The Meeting Attendee names on the 8310 are "First Last", whereas in Outlook they are "Last, First", and DM complains on every synch.

I upgraded to DM 4.6 and RIM still hasn't fixed these issues. RIM's sad devotion to Java gives me little hope of the speed issue ever getting fixed.

Has anyone tried DM 4.7 yet?

Active Sync is sooo much better than BB DM. Windows Mobile is looking better every day.

macwe no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold re syncing same contacts repeatedly

I'm having same issue with Blackberry Bold. Running DM 4.7. About 100 of 700 calendar entries keep going back and forth between Outlook and Blackberry. Anyone have luck yet?

macwe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Gave up with the resyncronizing and deleted the 100+ entries. Hopefully no reoccurence will occur.

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just started having this problem with DM5 on my VZW Tour 9630. This is a giant PIA. Any ideas?

FOUND SOLUTION:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...irst/m-p/85815

Scroll to the post by mksmith54
    Last edited by sy32478; 01-30-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks for digging up a solution! I had accepted this nuisance long ago as just part of the price of owning a BlackBerry. But revising my contact names to exactly match the corporate address book seems like a reasonable solution.