I can't get the desktop manager to run on my laptop. In reading previous posts, ... RIM Desktop Software forum

ricoplatzo no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager problems

Advertisement

I can't get the desktop manager to run on my laptop. In reading previous posts, seems like some have had similar problems downloading the desktop manager but I can't get it to run off of the dvd either.

I am pretty computer illiterate but usually smart enough to load software. I have a Dell laptop running Windows XP. There seems to be some type of compatability issue. The dvd will bring up the menu which lists "install desktop software." However, when i click on it nothing happens. I have restarted computer and reloaded dvd many times. It is just a dead link. So then I downloaded the 4.2 desktop manager program from the blackberry site. On my harddrive it shows the blackberry program with the desktop manager file but when I try and run it nothing happens. Weird how it kinda does the same thing with both the dvd and the download. For some reason my computer just refuses to run the desktop manager program. Blackberry people tell me to call Dell and Dell says call Blackberry. I am going crazy!

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Desktop Manager problems

Hi ricoplatzo,

Do you have permissions to install sofware on the laptop?

I should, it is not a work laptop, I just bought it. Could there be something not allowing me to install?

msmith1971 no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure that the Windows Script 5.6 is installed on your laptop.

Go to Windows Update, search for "Windows Script 5.6". Install it and restart, you should be good to go..

Matt

I installed 5.6 and restarted, unfortunately no luck. Thanks for the help.