I installed Desktop 4.1 and was challenged with a dialogue box indicating that said "your ... RIM Desktop Software forum

myticket no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Manager Problem

Advertisement

I installed Desktop 4.1 and was challenged with a dialogue box indicating that said "your messaging account is currently configured to use device with PIN XXXX. Would you like to switch to the connected device with PIN YYYY?". I chose "no" and was able to use Desktop to synchronize calendar and contacts folders in my Outlook's personal folder instead of the normal exchange folder in outlook. The next time I connected I selected "yes" to the above message then discovered that I could not send e-mail from my device, but could receive mail. I had to re-do the enterprise activiation. All is fine until I use Desktop to synch to my personal folders. If i do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Desktop after being activated again, the same failure happens. I had a different device a long time ago. The PIN registered in BES is the cuurent PIN. Does the PocketMirror folder in Outlook, that was tied to a previous install fo Intellisync/Desktop need to be deleted to avoid this issue? Any suggestions?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Desktop Manager Problem

No clue, but I probably got lost in the long paragraph! Anyone else?

ps, sorry for the late response.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am unsure of what PocketMirror is. I would recommend deleting the entire intellisync folder (normall C:/Documents&Settings/yourlogin/ApplicationData/ResearchInMotion/Blackberry/Intellisync). Then reopen desktop manager and try syncing.

myticket no está en línea Stack level 2

I have also tried this. When I open freshly installed DM, and before connecting the device, DM data fields are already populated with info from the previous device (PIN, electronic mail signature, intellisync settings, etc.)....even after clean uninstall. inlcuding deleting registry entries. Where does this data hide? i need to delete it.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

What version of Desktop Manager 4.1 are you using? You can find this information by running Desktop Manager, selecting Help from the Menu, and selecting About...

The number will be of the form 4.1.x.xxx.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Are you BES or BIS?

safah no está en línea Stack level 2

and you might have to reboot the pc after a clean uninstall....check RIMs KB for the instructions on a "clean" uninstall