I have a user that is having an issue with connecting to exchange. I ... RIM Desktop Software forum
Desktop Manager Problem...
I have a user that is having an issue with connecting to exchange. I actually wiped her handheld yesterday and we were having trouble getting it to connect then, so I upgraded her version of DM and then that still didn't work. So i then deleted her mail profiles from the control panel, and created a new one. Once i created a new one and opened up DM it had no problem connecting to exchange.
Now today we are back to the same issue, the message she is getting is as follows...
In order to enable wireless calendar syncronization, you must be logged on to your messaging server. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.
She is connected to the network, has her outlook open so I know there is no problem with her machine connecting to exchange. Should i keep on deleting her profile and hope this doesnt happen again or does someone have another idea?
Last edited by zximz; 05-03-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Re: Desktop Manager Problem...
Try making a new MAPI connection within Widnows and set it to be the default within Desktop manager under redirector settings > advanced > profiles.
After creating a new Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile, you must configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new MAPI profile.
Note: For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile in Outlook 2000, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 195718. For Outlook 2002 users, see article 287072. For Outlook 2003 users, see article 829918.
Choose one of the following procedures:
Configuring Desktop Manager
- If you can open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- If you cannot open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, modify the registry settings.
To configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new MAPI profile, configure the Personal Information Management (PIM) applications and assign the new MAPI profile as the default profile.
Configure the PIM Applications
Modifying the BlackBerry Registry Settings
Assign the new MAPI Profile as the Default Profile
- In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-clickIntellisync.
- Click Configure PIM orConfiguration>Configure synch. (If you are unable to click the Configure PIM button, see the Additional Information section below.)
- In the Handheld Applications section, click Address Book.
- Click Choose.
- In the Available Translators section, click MS Outlook.
- Click Options.
- From the User Profile drop-down list, click the new user profile (MAPI profile).
- Click OK to close the open windows.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 for the remaining PIM applications (Calendar, MemoPad, and Tasks).
You can assign the new MAPI profile either in the Redirector Settings or from the Options menu.
In the Redirector Settings
- In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Redirector Settings or Email Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Profile Settings.
- Select the Always use this profile option.
- From the drop-down list, click the new MAPI profile.
- Click OK>OK.
From the Options menu
- In the Options menu, click Email Profile Settings.
- Make sure Always use this profile is selected.
- From the drop-down menu, select the new profile. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager when prompted.
If you cannot open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, modify the registry settings to use the new MAPI profile.
Warning: Modifying the computer registry can cause substantial damage to the Microsoft Windows® operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
For BlackBerry Internet Service
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Open the Registry Editor and go to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
- In the right pane, click the MAPIProfile variable.
- Press the Delete key.
- In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, clickYes.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The Choose Profile dialog box appears.
- In the Profile Name drop-down list, select the new MAPI profile and click OK.
Note: If you changed the default profile in Outlook, change it back. Otherwise, you will be prompted with the Start Up Wizard next time you open Outlook.
- Assign the new MAPI profile as the default in Outlook.
- Delete the Research In Motion folder fromC:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for the new profile to take effect.
- Set BlackBerry Desktop Manager to synchronize, and if prompted for a profile, choose the new profile.
If you cannot click Configure PIM, follow the steps below to configure the PIM applications:
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync\<PIN>.cfg
- In the C1C7D7D6.cfg file, change the value of each PIM application to the new MAPI Profile. For BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.0 Service Pack 1 (4.0.1) and later, this file is named 5E316FDC.cfg.
Tags for this Thread