I have recently purchased BB7230 refurbished by RIM with OS v4.0.2.56 Platform (16.153) installed by ... RIM Desktop Software forum

riazqq no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2008F229

Question Desktop Manager with OS v4.0.2.56

Advertisement

I have recently purchased BB7230 refurbished by RIM with OS v4.0.2.56 Platform (16.153) installed by RIM.

What is the version of Desktop Manager required for PIM sync. and where can I get it for free.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    riazqq, Welcome to PinStack.

You can find the Desktop Manager, Free of course at the RIM Desktop Software Downloads site. You will need at least Version 4.0. I would download the latest version of that one listed.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2008F229
    Thank you. One more question. I am a rogers customer and dont have a BB plan. There is no browser icon, however the browser application is loaded by RIM.

Tried to register thru options>hostroutingtable>register now.

It says registeration message send but no message is found in messages and there is no reply like "Your bb has been registered with the wireless network.

Have a lower case gprs (as expected), however can still browse from my motorolla phone with the same sim card.

Do you have any suggestions. Like putting a sim card of somone who has a bb planb and registering and then using the browser with my own sim.

Regards

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You absolutely have to have a Blackberry data plan to be able to access the Internet on a BB, there is no way around it. As to your workaround, once you put your sim back in, you will loose access to the network again. If you want the Internet on your BB, pony up for the data plan.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2008F229
    Hi,
    Thank you for the prompt reply. This is not to undermine your knowledge, I am just sharing this info with you.
    From my previous experience I know that if you remove a sim card from a tmobile phone (like a nokia) that is provisioned for a voice plan with an added $2.99 data plan (called tzones) and insert it in a tmobile blackberry you can get on the internet using tzones with lower case gprs without having a bb data plan. The only catch is that the bb should have the browser icon with the relevant service book checked (can happen if it was used with the data plan at least once earlier and then returned/refurbished or sim simply taken out).
    This is because in the iHLR the tzones data SOC is provisioned and all handsets and devices on the tmobile network can use the same gateway. The emails however do not work until one has the bb webclient or the enterprise provisioned in iHLR.
    Now I am with rogers and not sure how it works with rogers. My sim card has a pay as you go data plan and I can go to the internet using my motorolla phone. The problem is that the blackberry does not have the browser icon. I will try to find a workaround and share it with you when successful.
    Regards
    Last edited by riazqq; 12-28-2006 at 10:34 AM. Reason: font mixed up