Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a new WinXP Pro SP2 pc, and am trying to get Desktop Manager ... RIM Desktop Software forum

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Desktop Manager on WinXP Pro SP2

Advertisement

I have a new WinXP Pro SP2 pc, and am trying to get Desktop Manager (4.0.1.12) installed. I've even tried it from the CD. It runs, starts to install then about 50% through it, it hangs.

Any ideas, anyone? I've even tried it on another pc (identical model) and same issue. I wonder if it's a network card issue? The card is a Broadcom, the other pc's (outside of the office) I've tried it on work, but DON'T have Broadcom nic's in them...

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Desktop Manager on WinXP Pro SP2

Any kind of AV running? I know we had a similar issue where Norton would cause the DM install to error out when it was half way through.

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

hmmm sounds like some app may be in the middle cause i have like 3 machines with windows xp sp2 and evrything runs fine... can you check the applications running so we can see if any of them may be interfering with the instalation...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Do you have sufficient rights to install apps? Many I.T dept. don't allow users to install software. The nic card has nothing to do with the install if you are installing from the cd-rom drive on that machine. Can you post more about the office machine? or maybe have your I.T staff install the app if they have placed restrictions on your box.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just like srl said: you've got to have sufficient rights and permissions to install apps, and to write to the location you are trying to install to.

If you can, logon as the local administrator, and try from there. After installation, you will have to add your normal user account to the permissions in able to run the app.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Thanks for the details thus far. I'm the IT person, and have full rights. Now we do have Innoculate running, I will turn it off and try again...

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think this is the best you could if that doesn't work look for AV or your firewall that could be the problem also

Good luck !

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

just gonna put my 2 cents in here... it works fine on my laptop xp sp2 pro and my desktop same setup

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I would try to disable any firewall and/or antivirus program. Of course turn them back on after, but in the meantime try to disable them and see if the download proceeds.

Sorry, I've not forgotten about this. I should be doing this on Tuesday, and will update everyone then...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Shaunhussey no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem, my laptop screen cracked and I ended up getting a new Tosh Salellite U205. I transferred my Files and Programs using PC relocator Ultra Control, but chose not to transfer the Blackberry settings. The Blackberry and Desktop software seemed to work fine on the previous laptop.

When I connected the Blackberry using the USB, it recognises a RIM device but cannot find the software.

When I try to load the Desktop software, I get the following message "The Wizard was interrupted before the Desktop Software could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again."

I tried downloading diferrent versions of the Desktop software to no avail and have tried installing while the AV and firewall is disabled. No luck.

Bottom line the PC doesn't recognise the Blackberry and i cannot install the desktop software.

AVG, I did try runningm it without AVG enables without luck .i also tried installing in Safe Mode but the Install Shield script could not start

Yup, No IT staff, just me

I am the only account with admin rights (yes I know its a bad idea)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast