I just recently took the plunger for a new Laptop. With Vista, although that's a ... RIM Desktop Software forum

Lfarmer no está en línea Stack level 2

Desktop Manager on new PC

Advertisement

I just recently took the plunger for a new Laptop. With Vista, although that's a subject for another Plazmic CDK post. Anyway, I have loaded DM on it. Everything works fine. But when I go to the applications loader only third party and installed themes show. No RIM core apps, no rim OS no nothing. Do I have to re-install the OS and can I do this without re-installing it to the Blackberry?

Thanks

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Have you gone to your service providers web site and downloaded the os for your berry to your new computer? I know with my comp that must be somewhere able to install and run on my desktop or pc Os regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Chad's is correct. If you download and Install the same Device Software Package to your PC, that is listed on your BB (Options/About, third line) then it will not re-install unless there is a module missing from the BB. But there must be an Device Software Package installed to your PC to load anything else.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Chad's is correct. If you download and Install the same Device Software Package to your PC, that is listed on your BB (Options/About, third line) then it will not re-install unless there is a module missing from the BB. But there must be an Device Software Package installed to your PC to load anything else.

Rcbjr.
    Gotta agree with Richard on this one. Most newer BB from the 83xx series up will require that a OS be installed on your peripheral in order to be able to install or uninstall any apps or themes via your desktop manager.

Lfarmer no está en línea Stack level 2
    I downloaded and the same version and loaded it on the pc. Forgot that I had modified the Blackberry.alx file so that I could run Today themes so I had to redo that because the new Blaackberry.alx did not install or include the net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320_240_w.cod. Everything is back to normal.

PS-has anyone else noticed that Vista is screewy whan it comes to file permissions even if you are the administrator? You have to set permission to include the program files\common\shared\research in motion\..... 0r you will not be able to save or create files in this path.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah vista is like that with the registry too....a lot of permissions issues often related to that new UAC feature.